Chapter 4

Days later, Eren and I preferred to stay away from speaking with the squad about the whole titan thing in case they would spread any rumors, I know I wouldn't have to worry about it because they are good people in the end, but power reveals the true face of a person. "Hey (Y/N), you think the captain will let us train with the swords?" I looked at Eren and shook my head. "I doubt they will let me grab any type of weapon. Until I see in his eyes that he trusts me not to escape using my Titan, I'll have to continue mentoring you on how to transform with biting, and you on combat and the equipment to me."

"Maybe we can speak with Captain Levi about it, if I trust you with a body-to-body combat I'll surely do so with you as a Titan." He said. I smiled gently, both of us grabbing a full bucket of weeds for the horses. "I'll pray for you not to be kicked out of the window by the Captain." I let out a chuckle and his unamused expression. "Huh?? You really have little trust on me!"

"Hey, Eren! You know if anyone in your class is thinking about joining us?" Gunther asked from the stairs of the castle, catching our attention. "There're a few. Or, at least, there were... I'm really not so sure now. Are any of your cousins thinking about joining the Scouts?" Eren asked me and I furrowed my brows. "Haco surely will, he's brute material and he'll be useful here. I don't want that, but I guess it doesn't matter... I bet he's still mad with Levi for kicking me." I shrugged and Eren and flashed a small smile before hearing Gunther shout.

"Fall in!" Levi galloped to Gunther and Eld, stopping in front of them. "Make ready, people. We're going out on patrol." Eren and I ran to them and crumpled our right hands into fists over our hearts and placed the other behind our backs, the Scouts' famous salute. "Good morning, Captain Levi! Reporting for duty!" Eren shouted.

"Listen, you two... You will stay within ten meters of me at all times. The only reason that you're out of your cell is because I'm keeping an eye on you. Understood?" Levi said, staring us down, and Eren and I exclaimed at the same time. "Yes, sir!"

"Let's ride!" We mounted our horse as soon as Levi rode away. I can't distract myself but riding a horse is something I didn't think I would do, even if I was under Levi's eyes, this is a significant moment for me.

// Timeskip //

With the evening breeze surrounding us, we turned back to the castle and finished patrol for today. As the members of our little group left the horses in the stables, Eren and I stood side to side watching the sun go down. Eren looks towards me with soft eyes, breaking the silence. "Why do you like the moon so much?"

I shrugged. "I used to hear a song when I was little, it helped me to calm myself. During that time I only cared about being able to sleep without thinking of my anxiety and depression." Eren gives me a saddened look, but lets me continue. "'The child of the moon', I think it was called like that." While I'm gazing at the last view of the sun going down, I feel Eren's stare at me. "'The child of the moon'? What was it about?" He seems to ask this with a sense of curiosity. "The story is about a woman who felt lonely and begged the moon to let her have a lover, someone to share a life with. The moon replies: 'If I give you a lover, you'll have to give your first child in exchange'." Eren's eyes widened, there seems to be a spark in his eye now. The wind started to pick up and my (H/C) hair danced with it, and I smiled as the sun disappears completely. If I'm being honest, I have no words to describe this feeling of warmth.

"The woman got pregnant by the man the moon granted her, but when the child was born he didn't look at all like his parents. His skin was pale, and his hair white accompanied by soft, grey eyes." I made a pause and saw the clear moon appear in the sky. "The man, thinking his wife cheated on him wounded her mortally and took his son to the highest field, and left him to die alone. All the moon wanted was to be a mother, that's why she did the exchange. And she held the small baby in her arms and took him with her... It is said that when the moon is full, it's because the boy is happy, and if he cries the moon will wane to make him a cradle." I turned to look at Eren and smiled when he appeared to like the story.