Chapter 17

The spine of Rod Reiss grew until it became disproportionate, and his shifting pulled us to the wall, Historia was behind me as I shielded her from any possible debris collapsing onto us. I'm her only protection right now, but if the others aren't fast enough and I transform to get out, I might crush her by accident. "You have to get out!! If this continues I--"

"No! I won't leave you!" The blonde stopped me and I looked at her with a shocked expression, she really is stubborn. "I might be humanity's enemy, but I'm your ally! I can't be a good girl, and I don't wanna be God either! But... When I see people crying to themselves, saying they're not needed... I wanna tell those people that's just not true! No matter who! No matter where! I'll come to their rescue!"

"Historia!! (Y/N)!!" We looked up and saw Haco, Levi, Eren and Mikasa landing around us. Sasha, Connie and Jean came not long later and gasped at my bloody appearance. "(Y/N) HOW DO YOU ALWAYS LOOK LIKE SHIT?!" Jean screamed at me, receiving a punch from Haco.

"I AM SO SORRY THAT I DON'T CARE!" I shouted at Jean.

Mikasa kneeled next to Historia and Eren and my cousins next to me, the three of them hugged me and I did too, glancing at them with a small smile as I cried. "I told you I would save you, we'll get you out of here...!" Eren had been crying, I can see it in his eyes. He suddenly gasped at stared at my head. "You took a bullet in the head!"

Levi averted his eyes slightly and took a look at my forehead. "What did I tell you?" He asked and I shook my head. "I let them wound me in case I needed to transform! I couldn't leave Historia unprotected!" The titan began growing in size and Levi and Haco shielded us from some debris. "I think... That's way bigger than the Colossal Titan, isn't it?" Sasha says as we turned to the ever rising Rod Reiss. "That's more than 80 meters!" Acay shouted, his mouth hanging in amazement.

"The ceiling! Look out!" Mikasa yelled and we get back against the wall once again. "Shit! There's no way out!" I looked at Eren, who had teary eyes even now.

"Eren...!" I called him, getting everyone's attention.

"I'm sorry, everyone... I've been nothing but useless... Ever since the very beginning, I was never the hope of humanity..."

"What's this? Think you're some tragic hero? When have you ever accomplished anything by your strength alone?" Jean said, and Connie smiled a little. "What a weakling. We've been through much worse than this."

"Not that I wanna get used to it!" Sasha exclaimed and my cousins and I snorted at that. "Still, it's going to suck trying to navigate through all that." Connie spoke as we stared forward, the ceiling is caving in due to the sheer size of Rod's Titan and our escape is blocked. They were all doing their plans without even thinking straight, there's only one way out, and Eren and I have to be the only ones to do it. "There's still one chance, but that is Eren's decision." I affirmed. The teen and I stared at each other, and he clenched his teeth. "W-Wait, you don't mean--!" Yadhi began, but Eren took a bottle from the ground and we ran towards the titan's forming body. With everyone shouting our names from behind us.

I transformed first, only my torso appearing since the body of my titan is too big for this place, I put all my strength in my back and arms to give Eren time to harden and reinforce the structural integrity of the cavern around it. The squad gets underneath us and even though I can't hear a thing except for the commotion, I watched everyone's faces contort in fright, but they still encouraged us.

I don't remember losing consciousness, but I was shaken awake by Levi, my cousins and Historia, my body in the captain's arms. Did they remove me from my titan? "Someday you'll give me a heart attack..." Haco muttered and I smiled weakly. "How's Eren...?" I asked, but my throat was so dry it almost came out as a whisper. "He's fine, worry about yourself now. You've done enough." Historia rested her hand on my shoulder for a bit before walking to help the others.