Chapter 10

The moment we reached Utgard Castle the sun was rising, from the distance, we could see the ruins of the castle and the many Titans surrounding it as they tried to take humans to eat. "At this rate, it'll be impossible to reach them! I'm gonna use the gear!" Haco shouted, activating his ODM to impulse him. "Right behind you!" I exclaimed. We heard Hange screaming at us to stop, but when I glanced back I was impressed to see Mikasa after us.

I sliced two Titans before landing in front of a Titan Ymir, my eyes dilatating in surprise. We weren't as late as I thought we would be. "(Y/N)!" I turned and saw Christa and the others staring at the image in front of us. "Christa! Guys! Are you all okay??" I shouted as I ran to them. Christa nodded, but her eyes went back to Ymir. "Is that... Ymir?" I asked, trying my best to sound astonished. "It is... Y-You didn't know either...?" Asked Connie and I shook my head, watching as Mikasa and Haco used their gear to eliminate more Titans.

"I thought you would be with experienced Scouts, where are they?" The group looked away with a gloomy expression. "I see..." I started, my brows furrowing. "Christa, you have to stay under Hange and Armin's watch until all of this is over." I said.

The blonde gasped sadly, holding my hand tightly and keeping me in place. "W-Wait! Y-You're not going to help Ymir??"

"Those Titans won't stop until her Titan form has been eaten to the bone, and while they're at it they'll turn aggressive. Please Christa, Ymir will survive." I flashed Christa a small smile and rested a hand on her shoulder. "Now please, go." The beautiful girl cleaned her eyes of any tears and ran to Hange's location.

In the distance, I saw Eren killing a Titan for the first time, but he fell on the ground with a yelp and I rolled my eyes. "Eren, seriously..." I murmured and watched as Connie went to find Eren, I turned and stared at Reiner and Bertholdt confused. "Are you two alright?" They nodded silently. They are nervous, perhaps fearful and traumatized. In my opinion, they shouldn't, all of this started because of them and yet, what they went through and how they cope... "I'm glad, I didn't want to see any of you being buried..." I said.

To my surprise, I got a small smile from both of them. "Thanks... F-For worrying so much." Bertholdt said, clenching his hands. Reiner took a few steps to me. "You've helped us without asking for anything back many times during these last months. You might be a Titan, but you're nothing like the rumors specified." Said Reiner. I never knew there are rumors about me, I mean if Eren has then so will I but not once I've heard one. "I just want to go home, like everyone else..." Their faces showed surprise at my answer, and I felt the urge to cry. Feeling a little nervous, I shook my head and flashed them a bright smile. "Come on, I'll lead you to where Eren is." I turned and made a run for it with the two males after.

Not long later, we found Connie helping Eren to stand, his gear noticeably scratched. "(Y/N)! Reiner, Bertholdt!" He screamed.

"Eren! Don't just charge without a plan!" I exclaimed, making the teen flush in embarrassment. "S-Sorry. But that was my first kill and I got excited!" His smile was radiant and I grinned. "Good job, Eren. But next time ask for backup, please." Eren scratched the back on his neck and nodded shyly, his cheeks still flushed.

I aided the small group back to Hange and left them in her care as I went to slash the last remaining Titans around the Castle. The odor of their blood is still as disgusting as the first time, the others seem not to be bothered by it as much as I am and it makes me think only I can smell it. Afterward, I was ordered by Hange to help her extract Ymir from the giant's body. We had to do it slowly, she's missing one arm and a leg, her right side was bitten off and her ribs were visible.

Christa came running down the debris of the ruined castle, stumbling many times in the way and kneeling next to me to watch over Ymir. "She's alive, but she'll have to rest to regenerate." I murmured to the blonde. Christa nodded, tears running down her cheeks, when Ymir opened her eyes the blue-eyed girl smiled softly.