Chapter 23

I am unable to control my titan, and I feel like I'm falling deeper into darkness. My mind is plagued with billions of whispers and shouts from different voices, all of them telling me to do one thing.

Kill. Destroy. Torture.

It's like they are trying to take over my mind. However, in these moments of solitude and with a bright light illuminating me from high above, I could only wonder what is going on out there. Where is Haco? Are Eren and the others safe? Are Levi, Hange and Erwin alive?

Are... Are they dead...?

Bertholdt's explosion killed them, I watched their bodies disintegrating in the air, burned into ashes. I sighed sadly, tears running down my cheeks and into the unknown. I was unable to save them, and now I am paying for my decisions, the worse decisions I've ever done in my life. A familiar roar makes my eyes open, and in front of me, I see my titan fighting against the Colossal Titan in a fit of rage. I can't control it. My back hurts from the sudden strike Bertholdt did to me, but I do not let go of his waist, I can feel him getting frustrated as he emanates more vapor. Memories of Acay and Yadhi filled my mind, their smiles, the way they spoke so excited about something they liked, the future I stole from them... I will carry them for as long as I live...

"It was your fault that you brought them here! The Colossal Titan is our main objective and you didn't listen to me, this is the price to pay! Are you not going to kill him?!"

I turned around to look at my grandfather, his enraged expression sending shivers down my spine. "Grandpa--"

"I gave you this power because I thought you wouldn't let me down! I couldn't give it to MY sons or grandsons! You were my only hope! You killed my grandsons!!"

I widened my eyes at what he just said, and I bit my lower lip, clenching my hands as I get closer to him. He raised a brow in confusion, a small frown showing on his features. "Y-You made me think you were dead when in reality I was the one that ate you all those years ago! You left grandma! You left my father! You left your family in the dark to look for power, I might be an Egregor like all these people, but I won't follow your orders! Give me back my body!" I placed my hands around his neck, the whispers getting louder and the screaming stopped. "I might not be your family, but the fascination for torture surely does come from the same blood." Something snapped inside his neck, and I watched him fall into the darkness as his elderly self came back.

I woke up inside my titan's chest, giving out a large scream and inhaling and exhaling many times. I looked around the district and see Eren's titan along with Levi's squad and Haco safe, they are looking for a way to help me stop Bertholdt and my-- Haco's grandfather made everything worse. I pushed the Colossal Titan back with a hard pull and I felt something weird happening to my Rock Titan, the rock structure was falling but I somehow felt like someone new. When I realized what was truly happening, I noticed a rocky, prehensile tongue sliding down my titan's mouth. Is my Rock Titan changing its appearance? From the looks the squad and the Colossal Titan are giving me it must be even worse than the last one.

"Don't stand around and help me stop this bastard!"

"Roger! We're coming!"

I returned my gaze to Bertholdt and charged toward him to stop him from getting closer to the Wall. In no time, Eren roared and embraced a leg and the both of us started pulling him back. "You can do it, Eren! (Y/N)! Knock him on his ass!" Yelled Connie from afar. All of sudden, the Colossal Titan grasps my head aside and I almost let go of him, then I watched him raise the leg Eren is holding back, and my eyes widened in horror when the teen was sent back onto the Wall, making me roar loudly.