Chapter 13

// No POV //

Three days have passed since the day of your death and Reiner and Bertholdt's betrayal. Zachary made sure to aid Haco, Acay and Yadhi to avoid any familiar faces, they had only spoken with Commander Erwin twice for information but immediately went back to their business when either Levi or Hange entered the room. The silence was uncomfortable, Hange knew that. She felt the anger in Haco's gaze, the sorrow the three cousins felt it's like nothing she has ever seen, such a bond isn't common, and losing a familiar in war leaves the mind to wander into forbidden places. The Scouts and soldiers that survived the suicidal mission told everything, every speech the same that left the superiors astonished.

Just like Annie, Reiner, Bertholdt and Ymir, a new titan user had attacked the enemies to protect the humans.

The Rock Titan.

Levi, for the first time in a long time, was left speechless. He knew you weren't a titan beforehand, that's why he didn't allow you to touch any weapon or be close to Hange, as long as you gave information and they turned out true, he could trust you. The way Connie described your last moments... The captain had to hide his face from any near-living being. Levi had thought of many 'what ifs', but he has to keep expectations low, they saw you die with a smile. Walking nearby, Yadhi and Acay thought the captain was wounded. When they realized the older man was feeling the same heartbreaking sensation, a hug was shared, an embrace that meant you would always be in their hearts.

On the fourth day, a titan was spotted near Wall Rose. A titan covered by rock, and that possessed sharp teeth. The Scouts went crazy when they saw such a horrifying titan, one never seen before, but one of the soldiers recognized it and called Section Commander Hange, Captain Levi and Commander Pyxis. By the time the sun set, the Rock Titan had fallen to the ground on its back, supposedly tired from walking a long way. It stopped breathing when the three superiors reached it, inspecting it carefully in case it wasn't truly a user, but to Hange's most significant wishes, it didn't turn to be the case. A booming sound of flesh separating extended to everyone's ears and steam poured from a hole in the titan's chest, they saw a familiar female that made both Levi and Hange make haste to help her get out.

You were in Levi's arms, alive, breathing soundly like if you were in a dream, the pair felt relief like never before.

That same night, you were put in a room under severe medical attention, although not needed, the Captain had agreed with Zachary to make sure you are healthy. As Hange gave the good news to your cousins and friends, Levi stayed with you and watched as the flesh marks left by your titan body vanished. Levi retracted his hand from your forehead when he heard the door open, Eren, Armin and the rest of the group stumbled into the room with happy smiles, tears of joy in their eyes as they saw you well. It wasn't the time to speak about the lie, nor about your sudden transformation, the group felt glad that you were okay. Mikasa watched a bright smile decorate Eren's features, one that she has hardly seen these last years.

Clenching her hands slightly, she was accompanied by Historia and Jean by her sides, but the blonde stepped closer to the bed and took a hold of your hand with a calm but joyful expression.

Jean, on the other hand, felt stunned by this change. He doesn't understand what's happening, you first lie about being a titan and now you actually are one, it doesn't add up. No matter how happy they all felt, questions had risen and they wanted answers.

// Timeskip //

A week had gone by quickly, as Acay and Haco took care of you while unconscious, Hange and the rest of the higher-rankings discussed the many theories about Ragako Village. The only one of your family that helped Connie to give credibility to the theory of humans being capable of becoming titans was Yadhi, not only did she travel to see his mother but also heard all the possibilities and experiments Hange and the Scouts spoke.