Chapter 12

"For now, we find a place without Titans! As far away as possible! I haven't recovered enough to outrun these guys. They surround us there's jack shit my Titan form can do right now." We were now on the move to their unknown location, the Titans once surrounding the tree didn't waste time and began after us. If the Scouts wouldn't have gotten in the way, Eren would have reached the site where Marley turns people into mindless Titans. "Then why the hell didn't we just wait for the sun to go down!?" Shouted Ymir from behind Bertholdt. "The Scouts are on our tail! I'm sure it was easy for them to find us with Haco and Armin on their side!" I exclaimed.

Reiner grunted and I held onto him tighter. "Not doubting that. Damn it, that formation wouldn't work unless they hoisted a bunch of horses over the wall. Who gave that order? I honestly thought we had more time than this. It's gotta be Commander Erwin, hard as nails, that one." A distant gunshot echoed, another green smoke in the sky shot by how I thought would be Erwin. "They're already that close? It's Eren's fault for losing his cool." I blinked many times before speaking up against him. "It's also your fault for starting that sudden attack! I thought Marley would have trained you better, such warriors you are!"

"As long as we have completed our objective then it doesn't matter, (Y/N)! And stop bringing it up! Eren might hear you!" The blonde screamed.

It's obvious that we can't and won't get along, but this will be finished in a wink of an eye. "Reiner! We have to go back! Now! Christa and Haco are with them!" Ymir exclaimed, Reiner and I turned a little to look at her in disbelief. I knew that idiot would come for me, I'm asking myself why can't he stay put. "This is our best chance!" The brunette shouted. "You're full of it! No way you can see that far!"

"Look, I just know! Think about it, okay? She's a big softie, right? Stupid girl's come to rescue me! She had to!" Ymir shouted Reiner set his attention on the way ahead. "Yeah, well so what? I'm sorry! It'll have to wait! We can't grab her the way things are now! There's no way to bust up that formation! Another time!"

"How long you want me to wait?! Maybe I should just hold off on that until I've been gobbled up by one of your warrior pals? Oh no! I don't think so!" I looked back as Ymir shouted, she looked very angry, but my eyes went to the Titans we left behind. Thanks to the gear we managed to get away from their sight. "Don't be that way! Nobody's trying to trick you, I swear it!"

"Prove it, then! There's no time like the present, asshole! Damn you! Get down there and bring her with us! I need to see her! You don't understand. The way things are going, I never will..." Reiner ignored Ymir, and a few minutes in silence passed before she spoke again. "(Y/N), those two are here. Your whole family is after us." I widened my eyes and stared at her, I inhaled and exhaled once, twice, before my voice came out. "What? You mean--" Acay and Yadhi are here too...?

"You understand me, (Y/N)! We have to go back for them! It's now or never!" Ymir furrowed her eyebrows, she's in distress. I bit my lip and stared at another green smoke in the air. They had to stay with Zachary all this time, and he didn't try to stop them nor Haco stayed behind, I told him how dangerous this battle would be. "We can't. Let it go, Ymir. Who knows whether we'll even manage to survive this. Sorry. It's just too risky." Bertholdt affirmed and I scoffed. I hadn't even answered Ymir, but I guess it's too late now. "Listen to me, you two have my word. I want them out of this as much as you do. Bear with me. You have to trust us! Do you understand??" Reiner shouted, looking at Ymir and then at me, his expression softening a bit.

"Yes, I understand." Ymir said, and I nodded, glancing at Eren with my eyes watering.

"Understood..." I felt Reiner sigh deeply at my reply.

"Thank you." Murmured Bertholdt. Maybe I'm overthinking things, but if they're all coming wouldn't that mean Hange and the others know I'm not a Titan? That's... That's right. Eren didn't sound shocked at the revelation, he knew and the only one that must have told him is Haco while I was out cold during the conflict. Would this alter anything? Everything has gone in accord with the episodes with minimal changes, almost as if... As if we've helped to make it in the first place.