Chapter 2

"'Scuse me. I gotta pee." Eren begged. I opened my eyes and glanced at the guard to my left. "No, you just went."

"Then can I have some water...?" The guard hit the cell bars to shut Eren up, making me furrow my brows slightly. "Hey! You're not getting a thing, got it? Damn monsters..."

Four days have passed since we came to Attack in Titan by surprise, I still can't think of how and why but it happened just like that. From time to time, Erwin gave some information about my family, Haco got into a fight because a trainee insulted his brother, but excluding that they're all okay and being protected by the monarchy, which is rare knowing how false everything is inside Wall Sina and Rose. I can't tell Eren about the titans in front of the guards, nor can I tell him that I'm not one. 

If I survive I'll have to come up with a lie to keep Levi's squad and Eren from making me transform, and most importantly, keeping Hange from doing experiments with me. I feel exhausted just by imagining it. I jumped on the bed and yelled when Hange appeared from nowhere. "So then, you're Eren and (Y/N), right?" She asked with a smile on her lips. "Are you two well? How're things? I'm really sorry you've been waiting so long. But here's your chance to finally get out." A blonde man walks by her, and I recognized him as Mike. His death is a gruesome one and non-deserving.

"Uh. One thing. You'll have to put these on for me, okay?" Hange said while giving us handcuffs, I nodded and walked to the door while Mike opened it. As the Scout cuffs me, I noticed Eren staring at me with a hanging mouth, he has never seen my face and I flash him a small smile, breaking him from his trance. As we stepped out of the dungeon, I realized I'm a few millimeters shorter than Eren. How old is he in the first season? Around 15 or 16? I have the feeling my cousins and I will stay here for a long time. 

"My name is Hange Zoë. I'm a section Commander for the Scouts." I shivered slightly when I felt Mike sniffing me, turning a bit self-conscious. "This is a fellow commander in the Scouts, Mike Zacharias." Eren yerked away a bit from the guy, finding it strange and with a reason. "Oh. Don't mind him, he makes a habit of giving new people a thorough sniff. Tends to laugh through his nose a bit." Eren and I sweatdropped at the sight of him smiling, the teen and I glancing at each other awkwardly. "But I don't think he intends it to be derisive. Quirks aside, he is a skilled section Commander."

After a small moment of silence, Hange sighs. "Oh, poo! Sorry. I've just been prattling on with the small talk, and now we're here!" I gritted my teeth when we stopped in front of a door. "You've brought us to a courthouse." I muttered. Hange looked surprised at my answer, but Eren turned nervous when he took in the information. "Aren't you a smart girl! It was probably better if I didn't explain, anyway." The police opened the door and took Eren and me in. "Hey! Hold on!" The teen shouted as I bit my lip. "It might seem callous, but remember... We've all put our faith in you. Best of luck!" Hange shut the doors and Eren and I stepped in with shocked expressions.

Side by side we stared at the huge courthouse, the paintings, the ornaments, and lastly the people. Everyone was staring at us with such hatred that would leave my colleagues at school in shame, my heartbeat increased when a shotgun touched my back, shoving me forward. "All right. Move it!" Eren and I walked to the center of the court, the guards holding a pilar that would incapacitate us from biting our hands, and with an order, we kneeled. Just like Eren, I looked around the room, seeing the church, the Military Police and the Survey Corps along with Eren's friend. Gosh, Mikasa and Armin look even more perfect in person than on a screen. 

I shook my head and saw my cousins behind the novices, surprising me a bit. They are letting kids seeing the beating of two humans, they're making it on purpose to anger me.

Doors opened and then closed immediately, Eren and I looked to the right, seeing the man known to me as Dhalis Zachary sitting atop everyone. "All right. Shall we begin?" Eren and I didn't say anything. "Your name is Eren Yeager. And as a soldier, you have sworn to give up your life when called to, for the good of the people. Is that correct?"