Chapter 14 | Season 3

I have recovered fully, but nobody let me out of this room as long as I feel weak. Through Eren, I found out that Haco is very upset at the team for leaving me behind, and he was right in something, I forgave them because I knew that if I was in their shoes, I would have done the same. Armin is heartbroken for not being able to apologize to Haco, and I acknowledge that he won't let the blonde do that, not for the time being. Those two... They surely have a thing going on and I'm not gonna say anything until one of them realizes. That talk we had a few weeks ago, about not falling in love with anyone... Well, I think we're failing at that, so much planning for nothing.

"(Y/N)?" I averted my eyes and broke my trance and watched Historia peel an apple. "You were smiling." Aah, I kinda forgot she was here, since her true personality came out she's a lot more cold and distant, but at least she's her true self. That's better than being a fake. "Sorry, Historia. Just thinking about how I happened to ruin the relationships of everyone here." Historia looked slightly surprised at my boldness. "Many of us found someone to love, however, this irrational war keeps tying us down... In fear that we won't live another day, and avoiding the pain of heart."

The beautiful blonde changes her expression to a sorrowful one, and for once it didn't look forced. "You have someone you love?" Asked Historia, giving me a piece of apple, which I took and ate. "I planned to deny it... But yes, I do, and I didn't realize until a little while ago..." I paused and heard Historia take a small bite of the fruit. "The sentiment hurts..." A tear ran down Historia's cheek, but she didn't seem disturbed by it, I sat by the edge of the bed. There was no need for words and we resumed eating with a comfortable silence.

"We're in danger now, Historia..." I started, and she nodded quietly. "Does Eren know?"

"No, but if what I've seen is our future, I'll only have to entrust it to someone..." I've been seeing weird images in my mind, like flashes, since I first became a titan. I saw blood, and destruction, agony, pain...

"I'm not sure I can do that, (Y/N)..." Historia complained, sounding a bit embarrassed. "No matter what you say, I know you'll decide in time what you want to do in life. We are born to make 2 types of choices... Even if we don't like any of them." Historia gave me clothes so we could go outside for a little bit. My usual clothing had suffered scratches in the last battle, and Yadhi and Armin were capable of giving me garments similar to the last one. My new uniform was all black and had many belts and tall black boots. It still has a v neck, just like I prefer to let my skin breath, and there was a breastplate on a table but left it there as I stepped out of the room while doing my hair into a braid around my head.

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding and raised my head to stare at the blue sky. "(Y/N)!! Historia!!" Historia stood beside me and saw our friends coming towards us with worried faces. "Thank you." The blonde murmured quickly, and I nod with amusement. A long hour passed as the team, along with my cousins, seemed to get along for at least a while without fights. I know they have many and they want answers.

I found Armin sitting away from the group and I walked to sit beside him, feeling the cold breeze hit my face like a kiss. "Haco will forgive in time, Armin. Don't worry too much about it, he doesn't like being angry at anyone." Armin glanced at me for some time until he lowered his eyes to stare at his hands. "We've been friends since we've been in training... And I felt this connection when we spoke the first time like we are the same person but with different hearts. We didn't mean to leave you and it left a bitter taste in my mouth, which I swallowed and made my heart ache when Haco said how disappointed he's in me."

Yep, that's my cousin alright. Haco can be harsh when he's angry and not even think about it. I rested a hand on his shoulder and looked to the side when familiar figures appeared, Hange and Levi were surprised to see me out of the room. I raised a hand and smiled at them before setting my attention on Armin again, ignoring my rapidly beating heart at the sight of the Captain. "Try speaking with him little by little, it's easy to make him smile, trust me." Armin nodded and straightened his posture, exhaling profoundly. "Can I... Ask you something?" Somehow, I knew it was about my titan. Ugh, it's so weird to say that.