Chapter 26 - Season 4

I was woken up by Haco's screams, my widened eyes staring at the ceiling of his house in disbelief. With my mind fuzzy and still laying on the sofa, I dared turn my head slightly to see his figure holding a young, familiar girl as he cried loudly. A tear slid down my cheek.

I couldn't believe it.

None of us could.

When his parents came back that night, Haco and I were interrogated by the police as the ambulance took Yadhi to the hospital with urgency. We couldn't say a word, the shock and our mysterious return to our world had given a negative turn in our hearts, mine didn't stop aching, and Haco looked emotionally empty. The police noticed we wouldn't say anything until we calmed down and each of us was placed under treatment with different psychiatrists, Haco's parents kept yelling around about Acay, reaching a point where his mother slapped the older son, leaving everyone to gasp at her absence of shame. She couldn't resist insulting her son and even accused him of getting rid of his little brother.

The officers pushed her back and the neighbors came to our aid until my adoptive parents reached the scene. From there everything went south, in a matter of days the world knew of our tragedy, 'little boy kidnapped in the middle of the night', Yadhi was in a coma due to a serious case of brain injury. I don't understand how I held her hand when I saw her on the hospital bed, tears slipping out once more as my throat went dry. I watched them die, I swear I did.

I spoke everything I knew about my supposed lineage to the two persons that I grew up with and cherished once upon a time. They weren't manipulating me by any means, however, their involvement in my abduction made me hate them so much I had to get out of that house, which resulted in me talking with my grandmother, who didn't know a thing about her husband until it was too late. She was very happy that I finally know of the family's dark truth, unfortunately, I couldn't answer her questions about how I know all about this.

It is true... The worlds are connected somehow.

After being cleared of all suspicions, Haco stepped out of his family's life, and therefore mine too after discovering that everything concerning the anime or the author is non-existent on the internet, everything we had of Levi and the whole squad was gone. Nobody knows about it, and they joked around if it's an upcoming anime. I broke down and closed myself in my grandmother's guest room for a large amount of time, she made sure that I would speak out and eat so I wouldn't fall into a depression or eating disorder.

I spent two years trying to regain my old self, all in vain, but once I decided it was enough I studied hard to get a degree in arts, a job, and started doing something for my life. I need to move on once and for all even if I don't want to. The pain will have to subside at some point... Right?

In a blink of an eye, I realized it had been more than four years since I came back, Yadhi is still in a coma, and if it's true that Acay came alongside us... He was never found to this day. Haco became a sensation of music, I heard some of them and I have to admit he's good, but it made me chuckle how similar his songs are to AOT's, maybe his own tribute to his brother... And perhaps Armin too. I didn't try to transform and my strength has decreased a bit, there are no more whispers and I felt lonely as I looked at the falling rain from my couch. It's only 1:47 pm, I've been doing digital drawings all morning, I finished my projects so I decided to draw something out of spite. From my mind came the image of Levi gazing at me as intensively and lovely as he did, holding me in his calloused hands, keeping each other warm in bed...

Someone knocked on the door, my head turning towards it with little to no emotion. I waited for a moment before telling myself that the person outside was getting impatient, they wouldn't stop knocking or ringing the bell as if they were going to die. I opened the door and my brows raised in astonishment, Haco was standing in front of my door with a small smile on his lips. "Hey, cousin. Been a long time." Slowly, I stepped back so he could come in and he shut the door behind him. Haco sat on the couch as I served tea, and needlessly to say, the silence was very awkward.