Chapter 19

For the little time I slept, my mind was swarmed with flashes of memories of my stay here, however, I was confused by how different some things were. Perhaps different outcomes of what I could've done or said, my Titan's ability is to mentally connect to other shifters, and yet, I don't understand why I keep having memories engraved in my mind. I don't recognize most of them. I felt a hand caressing my head and opened my eyes to look at Levi with a tired gaze, I shuddered by the cold of the morning, the sun wasn't out and probably everything was already set for Rod Reiss. "You can rest later. We have to meet Erwin and his forces back at the Wall." I sat and watched him already dressed. I felt my cheeks warm at the sudden thought of what happened last night, but I didn't say a word and stood immediately to grab my clothes and do my hair.

To be honest, I don't know what to think. After everything my cousins and I discovered and my sudden panic attack I only wanted to sleep and forget, nevertheless, the sex helped to calm down, but I can't ask Levi to do it again. It's so embarrassing, I can't believe this is happening, this has to be a joke, all of this is just a sick joke. "(Y/N)." I jumped where I stood and turned to Levi. "What's going on in that head of yours?" He asked as he gave me my gear, his eyes as intense as ever. "N-Nothing... Uhm, I'm sorry for being reckless, and for worrying you and the squad..." I muttered, and Levi lowered his gaze then moved my shirt... To hide a hickey.

I let out a small but nervous 'oh', feeling abashed at the whole situation. "You are reckless, you need to stop doing rash decisions even if it's in our favor. I don't want anyone touching you, you are mine. I hope this clarifies our relationship."

"C-Completely, Captai-- I mean Levi. I... I won't part from you." I said, and felt a hand on the back of my head, pulling me to a gentle embrace that I quickly reciprocated. "'First love is normally unreasonable'... A phrase from my father." I said with a small smile, uniting my forehead with his. He avoided looking at me in the eyes, and instead closed them as I let out a small chuckle at his bashfulness. "Also, Levi, were you the one that gave the letter to Zachary?" I questioned, making him look at me once more. "I passed it over to Erwin, I presume he did. What did you want with Zachary that it was so urgent?"

"I'm sorry, I cannot exactly say. The Commander will announce something very important as soon as this is over." Levi's brows furrowed slightly at my answer.

We all know how sadistic my grandpa is, and I appreciate everyone's concern, but I'm sure the feelings of fear will disappear with the notice we'll give.

Both of us froze in place when the door suddenly opened, a shocked Hange staring at us as we glanced at her slowly. The Commander scratched her head and flashed us a smile. "Aaa! For a moment I wondered who was here with you last night, you made such a ruckus I almost couldn't rest." Hotness covered my whole face at the information I was currently loading, Hange heard us from her room. Levi, unlike me, wasn't showing any kind of emotion. "Well, at least it was with our favorite girl! Congrats you two! Don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut!" After she shut the door, I let out a big exhale and Levi shook his head with a 'tsk'.

He stepped out of the room first and minutes later I did without anyone noticing, slowly walking towards my room a few halls away. I couldn't wash away the anxiety I got from this, someone like Levi liking me, in his own way, it's like a dream come true but it also felt bittersweet by my current status. How do I tell my family that I don't want to return? Will they hate me? Will I sound selfish? Yes, probably...

"(Y/N), morning...!" I see Eren and Mikasa walking toward me and I shake away all my worries, for now. "Hey, are we ready to do this?" I questioned him, and Eren furrowed his brows. He didn't look worried, but more pensive and a bit glum. "Let me guess, you didn't rest well enough and now you're concerned by everything that has happened..." I inquired, understanding why he's like this. "I tried for him to go sleep, but he won't listen." Mikasa said, and I crossed my arms, sighing slightly. "There's no way we can't back away now. Eren, after this you're going to sleep even if you don't want to."