Chapter 9 | Season 2

Our second day in this tiny room had us losing our mind, more Haco than the others, but it gave us some time to analyze and review the future events. I've been able to visit Eren more than once, but when he gets a little bit clingy Mikasa throws me out of the window with her glare, I have to walk out on my own to avoid unnecessary fights. I also had the chance to meet with Armin and Jean, the latter seeming frustrated and maybe angry. We had a small conversation, Jean can't help but think that all of this was a waste of time, and Armin, in part, thought that this was helpful to discover that Eren and I will get targeted if more like Annie appear. He's not wrong. Haco was questioned by Reiner why they don't hang out like they used to, and his excuse was that he wanted to take care of me, so my cousin is always at my room.

Dhalis Zachary stepped into our room a few hours ago, wanting to check on us before going back to his duties. That's how I got to know how many delinquents and drug dealers they had encarceled, at least 12 are already in cells and 2 others are awaiting court.

Yadhi and Acay are right, this man is extremely protective and informal with us, which scares me a bit cuz I know how sadistic Zachary is, but what really amazed me is the fact that he made an effort to cheer us up. "You mean, at some point (Y/N) has to tell the truth?" Haco asked, his little brother and cousin nodding at him. I only sat on my bed as I finished lunch, hearing their conversation. "Then what was the whole point of this lie??"

"To stop (Y/N) from getting executed. Haco, (Y/N) had a bite in her hand and they've already seen Eren doing that, for them, it meant that she was another Titan shifter! Imagine her refusing to cooperate, they could have killed her the minute we were first on the Wall!" Yadhi explained, cutting pieces of apple from everyone. She sighed. "But she isn't a Titan. And we'll have to get it out."

"Better be it before Reiner and Bertholdt decide to transform and take Eren. Damn traitors. (Y/N), how's your allergy?" Yadhi said, giving me two pieces of apple as I rolled my eyes at the reference. I took a bite and swallowed, furrowing my brows in concern. "It's fine, thanks for cleaning the room. Going back to the subject at hand. They'll ask why I know so much about Titans. What do I do in that case?" I asked.

"Why don't you use Eren's excuse at the end of season 3? He can see the future... And past for some reason." Acay advised, but I sighed deeply. "I didn't think being in an anime could be so stressful, this is too much." I said, my cousins agreeing with me. "I wonder how our family is... They must be worried, looking all over for us." Haco murmured, he leaned back and rested his head on the bed. "We can't just say 'hey parents! We were having a great time in a war in 850, with eating Titans and-- Apparently, a corrupted society because why the hell not'!" I snorted. He's serious but I still found it funny, we don't know what we'll do when we go back, if we ever do. "Sorry, I know you are serious. We'll just have to keep being strong and do as much as we can, everything has gone smoothly, which means we're doing something right." I flashed them a small smile as I finished the last piece of apple, the two kids doing the same, but Haco didn't seem so happy.

"... What do we do if someone falls for us then?" He asked, raising his two hands and putting them behind his head. The room went uncomfortably quiet, all of us staring at the teen in surprise. "Haco, you never had a girlfriend." Acay suddenly says, making Yadhi laugh loudly. Haco glared at him and grabbed a fork. "You can be my little brother, but don't doubt for a second I won't stab you with the fork!" I chuckled at the older brother's response. When we calmed down, Haco's expression changed considerably, what he asked is a high priority too. "I'm serious guys, what do we do if something like that happens?" He asked again.

"Why do you ask that? Even if I like Eren and Levi I can't-- Wait, does somebody like you?" Yadhi was about to jump in excitement, but she celebrated too soon.