CHAPTER 03: RUNAWAY

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

The doctor has just moved father to the normal room.

Lisa and I go inside to see him. My little sister hasn't stopped crying since it's hard for her to accept the news, and so do I.

It has been serval hours since she cried, and she just fell asleep a minute ago. She looks tired, weak, and has no energy she hasn't eaten anything yet.

Luckily, my older sister Jisoo made lunch for us. So after having lunch, Lisa fell asleep right away.

There are only me and my older sister, we're still sitting and watching our father lying on the bed soundly.

My older sister settles down beside the bed while I'm on the sofa next to Lisa.

Dad hasn't recovered from consciousness yet.

So far, I'm highly strung. What should I do and talk nor how to say if dad regained consciousness? I don't know how to face him, I feel so wrong and reluctant to talk to him.

My apology is meaningless, it cannot be corrected or reversed. My conscience is constantly cursing me. All about my current situation stuck inside me is remorse.

Stood up, I step toward my older sister. Tapping her shoulder made her flinched a bit.

"Unnie."

She turns to me with a small smile.

"Unnie, I regret what I have done so much. You can blame me, or be angry with me. I'm the cause."

Heavily breathing, she stands up and faces me. Hold my palm up and put hers on mine, remaining wearing a smile to comfort me.

"Stop blaming yourself, Rose. No one knows in advance how things will turn out."

Suddenly, she embraces me and gives me a soft caress on my back. After my mother passed away when I was seventeen and came here, my older has fulfilled her role as a mother to me. I'm so lucky to have such good sisters. It was weird all of us had lived separately for seventeen years and reunited after that.

Anyway, although we all had never spent our young life together, we could spend our present and future since we all have only parents. Besides, our parents separated us at a young age, so they might had a reason. All the positive thoughts I have carried with me, there was something that bothered me too, Eunji's aunt, my mom's friend we lived with her when we were abroad, and she used to tell me once, always trust my dad no matter whatever I knew about.

I shouldn't let a small matter win over me. Just keep it away.

Back to the day I returned and met all my sisters, was a moment I will remember for the rest of my life. Four of us would go through the bad and good times all together, but in this circumstance, there were only three of us.

What if my other older sister was here, we would have comforted each other.

Jennie, Kim Jennie, that's her name. She was the closest family member to me. When we were teenagers, she used to protect me, take care of me, and do everything to make me safe. There was one time I got bullied being have a long face. Jennie Unnie would jump out bravely to defend me and beat those bullies.

But those things disappeared when my father forced her to marry a brother of Jerick. She argued with her dad, even though he threatened to ruin her dream. She chose to leave the house for her dream.

Her dream is everything for her. She wants to be a famous designer. Her braveness got me admiring her a lot.

I don't understand why dad wants to be related to that family, how could he choose them over his own family? I question God sometimes, are we so important to him? Are we his daughters?