CHAPTER 21: BAD LIAR

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"LISA!"

Abruptly woke up, I was panting and sweating like a downpour. I had a bad dream of seeing my little sister Lisa get shot in the head. The dream was so real to me, I'm glad that was just a dream. Can't imagine, that if it were real, I couldn't bear the pain which I would have faced. Losing a family member has always been my nightmare since seventeen.

Wiped the sweat away, exhaled and inhaled as I tried to calm down. Everything is fine. It was just a dream.

Since I was thirsty, I went to the kitchen to have a glass of water. But I didn't expect Christian was already there, he made me confused and wonder what is he doing in the middle night.

"What are you doing?" I decided to ask him since it is a polite way when you are staying at someone's house and see the owner anywhere around the house. Just a small conversation.

He was startled when hearing my voice. As he knew that was me, he seemed a bit relaxed and didn't mind turning to me and making a response. Just saw him washing his hands, but my eyes couldn't see if he had washed his hands or anything because the light in the kitchen was dim, not clear enough to see anything. Except him.

"I'm thirsty, I came here for a glass of water."

What the hell is my brain working right now, I have no idea why I have to tell him although he didn't question me. He didn't even reply to my earlier question. Then why am I telling him? Jingled my head, I am so confused about it. Irony!

"I'm going now."

Even though he didn't say anything to me, I still tell him when I leave the kitchen. He didn't say a word. Damn, Park Chaeyoung! You tried to talk to him and he didn't even bother to let out a word.

"A few days ago, he was so nice to me like taking me to watch the sunset. Took care of me when I wasn't doing well, he seemed so worried and now he ignored me like I didn't exist in his world."

Keep muttering to myself and walking to the bedroom.

I have just woken up and have not felt sleepy yet. I don't have the mood to go back to sleep, his ignoring made me sleep. Walked to the living room instead of the bedroom, and I couldn't sleep. Decided to sit on the couch and watch TV, hopefully to relax and I will be sleepy again.

TING!

A message from Moon

Didn't notice that there was a phone there, when the screen flashed open and popped up a message, the sound vibrated me. However, I shouldn't bother to peck at it, I did last. The name is appealing, what on earth does a person have a name called Moon? Like nickname or real name, must be a nickname right?

However, the name wasn't appealing enough. A sentence from the Moon name that captures my attention the most. Being well manner, I shouldn't touch someone's phone because it's their privacy, but the sentence.

"Jungkook was shot after saving Lisa from the kidnappers."

Repeating my sister's name, Lisa? Was her? She was kidnapped. I was dumbfounded and lost in my shocked thoughts. My hands almost have no energy to hold the phone, it is about to slip down from my grip.

"Hey, what are you doing with my phone?"

The voice scared me and I was alarmed, the phone successfully slipped down. The screen broke into pieces, and Christian dashed to pick it up so quickly.

Just picked it up and left the living room without saying a word. Before he turned away, I examined his expression, emotionless. The living room was noisy by the sound from the TV, but the surroundings turned cold and deadpan.