CHAPTER 23: SERENDIPITY

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

Boring, just spend some time reading books, strolling around and wasting another time doing nothing. Exasperatedly exhaling and throwing the book on the bed recklessly, I am frustrated. How many times I have sighed? Too busy to count it.

Jumped off the bed and walked to the kitchen, I planned to cook something easy for dinner. But I was startled when Christian was there already. He's cooking with his back turn. The food smells so good.

Fake cough to let him know that my presence is also here, haha he was in a state of idgaf.

From last night till today evening, he lost to somewhere the whole night and returned in the afternoon. He didn't bother to say hi. Dammit, just keep ignoring me forever. Didn't he know acting this way, it's an annoyance?

I decided to just settle down on the chair and watch him cook. Crossing my arms in annoyance and mumbled, "I wonder how long will he ignore me? Just because of last night's incident, he didn't talk to me? But he hadn't talked to me before it happened."

A plate full of edible food was placed in front of me, but I just gazed up at the person who placed it.

"Your dinner. Here and enjoy".

Finally, it's finally he decided to lash out a word to me. If it wasn't about dinner, I might not hear him say anything to me.

He walked to the chair in front of me and settled down, then started digging into the food, but did not bother to say anything.

"Two plates, one for him and one for me. At least, you still care about me even if you ignored me" uttered in my mind while my eyes focused on him.

I just kept staring at him for minutes until I started to eat.

The food tasted so good, the chef's kiss. Not just good at ignoring, he's also good at cooking. My second spoon when I noticed his hand was bandaged. How did I not notice this earlier? So I quickly asked him.

"What happened to your hand?"

Stood up and he responded, avoiding my gaze.

"I'm done." he took the place and left it in the sink, then walked away. Perhaps, to the bedroom.

"I have to do something, you can't act this way to me. We surely need a talk."

I didn't finish the food and hurriedly followed him.

~

Jimin left the kitchen to his bedroom. Lately, he's been stressing over the problems of the mission. He's busy investigating the culprit who kidnapped Lisa and shot Jungkook. When found them, he didn't postpone the time to meet them. He rushed to their place which was located in a remote area. It was not easy to search for the location, but thanks to Jin he had hidden the GPS in their car.

Arrived there, Jimin risked his life because there weren't just a few people, but over twenty. One vs twenty was so impossible for him to fight although he was good at fighting and gunning. However, he needs to escape. Luckily, they couldn't keep up with him, so he successfully escaped.

Sadly, he ended up beaten hard and got many injuries and bruises covering his body. Pain still kills him, some of them are light and heavy, but he still can bear with them since there were more than these that he used to experience when he was young.