CHAPTER 13: TIE ME DOWN

JISOO'S POV

There's a lot of bad news that I'm not hesitant to hear, but one of the bad news that I don't pray to hear even once in my life is related to any of my family members.

Chae's news is the worst news that shattered my heart. I'm desperate, I don't know how am I supposed to live without Chae. How does my life go on with her non-existence? She's too precious to me more than my life.

I almost ended my life the moment I received the call from the police. No matter how much broke down am I, I can't do that. I have more people to take care of, Lisa and Dad. My husband Jin as well.

The feeling of losing one of my beloved people was too difficult to bear. Can't imagine if I were gone. The hurt is nothing to explain to the people who are still alive.

All I could do, just cry while waiting for my husband to return home and tell me the news wasn't true.

My feeling told me, she was safe. It was false news. Chae is alive, nothing bad happened to her. Still and all, there's no evidence to prove my feelings didn't lie to myself. As for now, Lisa and I are frustratingly waiting for the news from my husband. We both didn't go to bed last night.

How was I supposed to rest soundly when the news about my sister hasn't been confirmed yet? Although I forced my eyes to shut, I couldn't sleep though.

Have been sitting in the living room since last night till morning and whispering to myself a false hope as the deep-down inner of me surely had predicted what the news would be.

Jin told me to not let Lisa know about the news, sorry I'm bad at hiding. I decided to tell Lisa everything after she came back from college.

One thing I hate about being the eldest sister is seeing my younger sister break down in front of me. The scene stabbed me in the heart. Couldn't do anything, only comforting her. I wanted to go there to see with my own eyes so freaking bad. But I can't leave Lisa alone.

My eyes are so puffy as I've been crying hard since yesterday afternoon until this time, in the morning. I just stopped a while ago. Lisa carries on with crying. Her eyes are puffier than mine.

Embracing and rubbing her back gently. Utters to her, "Chae is okay. She's okay. Please don't cry, Lis".

"Unnie, I don't believe Chae Unnie..." Lisa didn't finish her sentence, choking on her tears. The incomplete word tightens our chest, tears will come down if we let it out.

Why things are getting more complicated, first my dad and now Chae, who's next? If I died in exchange for the happiness of my family, I'd agree. Why not me, why Chae? Please, anyone, tell me what I have done wrong. A happy family ended up tearing apart.

Finally, a person who I've been waiting for showed up. I hurriedly dashed to my husband, followed by Lisa.

"Jagi! Tell me, please! The news wasn't true".

"Oppa! It wasn't true? Please say something now." Lisa abruptly grabs my husband's arm. Demanding confirmation.

He's silent, the way his eyes look at me. I can sense the answer, it's true.

"Jagi! Wasn't sh..." My lips were trembling, and couldn't continue when he showed us the necklace.

"Her necklace. WASN'T HER! OPPA! TELL ME NOW, WASN'T HER" Howling, Lisa begins to fall on her knee. Hurt is chewing up me inside.

"She's dead" he confirmed it lastly.

It's the saddest moment when I feel the world stopped spinning and my tears come out without me trying. Found myself swimming in the ocean of sorrow.