CHAPTER 09: DEATH BED

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

I and Lisa left the restaurant and went back home around 9 and we arrived home at 9:30 pm.

We're walking into the house, the light hasn't turned off yet. My older sister doesn't go to bed too, she stands with her arms hugging herself as she's waiting for someone. Of course, she must wait for us. Her husband stands next to her, rubbing her shoulder to comfort her.

She must be worried about us. I had told her not to wait for us, but she still waits for us.

"Chae. Lisa." our older sister calls us.

Lisa and I stepped to her, Lisa said, "Aish Unnie, you haven't gone to bed yet because of us. I'm not happy to hear this".

She embraces us tightly, "I'm so worried about you guys".

My brother-in-law responds for her, "I told her, but she didn't listen to me, she wants to wait for you guys. She needs to see you arrive home by her own eyes, so her mind can be calm. Either way she said she can't sleep".

The three of us pull away from the hug, I hold both her hands, "Unnie, you don't have to worry about us that much. We're okay, you should go to bed now. Go to bed early help your skin a lot".

I cup her cheek, I try to cheer her up and she smiles. I'm so happy to see her smile.

"Since you two already arrived home, you should have a bath and take a rest" my brother-in-law suggests, he knows we're tired.

"Jagi, are you happy now?" he turns to my older sister. She nods.

"Good night, Unnie and Oppa" Lisa and I say at the same time", "We go to our rooms now".

Lisa and I were about to leave for our rooms, when our older sister stopped us, "Wait a minute, I have something to tell you, Chae".

"Yes, Unnie" I respond.

"I got informed from the maid saying Aunt stopped living with us and she moved to her own house this afternoon. She perhaps can't bear what happened this morning, I know she's not the same Aunt as ours before but I'm so sorry for her. We're family" my older sister, her heart is too kind for a person who doesn't even deserve it.

I glance at her husband, my sister hasn't known anything about our aunt yet. I put my palms on her shoulders, "Unnie, don't worry. She'll be back here again one day, she just can't admit the truth. She's okay, perhaps she just needs some time to relax".

"How do you know?" my sister asks.

"I got a permission letter from her this morning" I answer, I don't want to detail any further to make her more worried. "So, everything is fine, isn't it, Oppa?".

"Yes, Chae said is true" her husband agrees, we all don't want her to know about Aunt's secret. It will hurt her feelings. She loved this family, she always took good care of everyone in the house and she had tried so hard to keep this family together.

Fortunately, all she had been trying for turned out nothing. I hate to hurt her feeling yet I have to do that. I must protect our family and Dad's business.

I put my hands down, and her husband wrapped an arm around her shoulder, "Jagi, tomorrow we have work and Lisa has class too. We should go to sleep".

She hums and nods, "Good night".

We're all going to each of our rooms.

I entered my room and already had a bath as well as changing into comfortable pyjamas.

My body's tired, but my mind doesn't want to sleep. It keeps thinking about a random thing which I'm not sure what's about.

Since I can't sleep, I go downstairs to make hot chocolate to drink. Thinking it could make me able to fall asleep soon, but doing this didn't work. Although I forced my eyes shut, my mind just kept roaming around.