CHAPTER 30: THE TRUTH UNTOLD

"Karan, my baby. Just stop." Jerick coaxed Karan with his most gentle voice as he slowly stepped to where she was standing.

"They would die for sure, I promise you. I'll drag them here for you to kill."

Karan was standing with her red puffy eyes, her hair messy like birdnest. Her dress was dirty, with dust painted on it, which made it so disgusting. Her left leg was cut because of a shattered mirror, a new unhealed and bloody wound, but she didn't feel hurt at all.

Grabbing and pointing the gun at every man in front of her, she is hallucinating, seeing them as the people she hates.

Doctor Song who Jerick mentioned also was there, he is behind Jerick. The reason he hid behind it is because the doctor's appearance is similar to Seokjin's, every time she saw him she went immediately berserk. So that's why Jerick can't risk the situation, he knew how far Karan could go when she was crazy.

"Put the gun down and give it to me, babe."

Gritted her teeth and yelled furiously.

"Fuck off or I shot you in the head instead. Why do you try to protect that bitch? She's nothing related to us. You also go to marry that bitch's elder sister. You said you love me but you cheated on me, Kim Seokjin. I swear I will kill her and the baby. I'll give you a taste of your own medicine. You hurt me, lied to me, betrayed me. That bullshit!"

"Karan, calm down. This is me, Jerick."

Jerick is trying to reach Karan to snatch the gun away.

"Liar. You're not Jerick. Jerick never did that to hurt me, he was so gentle to me. He loved me with all his heart. He helped me with everything. Even killing that bitch."

"Karan, yes that's me Jerick. You're right. I love you, I love you so much. So please give it to me."

Karan started to be aggressive suddenly, stepped backwards, and moved the gun, wanted to pull the trigger.

"Prove to me. Do or die?"

Frustratedly exhaled, Jerick tried to talk to Karan.

"Here is your favourite bracelet. You used to have it. You like it. Isn't it?"

Staring at the bracelet as her mind was confused and lost. She looks hypnotized, her lips curved into a grin. The bracelet is her weakness and Jerick secretly knew about this. He always uses this method against her.

Back in the past, Han Karan's background was traumatic.

When Karan was ten, she was living her happiest childhood life until her family business went down suddenly, and in the amount of debts. Karan's father turned abusive and cruel, he drugged, gambled, and was truly an asshole. He didn't care to look for a job and instead left all the responsibility to his wife. He would beat his wife almost every day if she didn't have money for him, she tried to work her life off to support the whole family.

As Karan turned fifteen, due to depression Mrs Han couldn't bear the pain and decided to end her life, she couldn't continue to live anymore as her life was already living hell.

Before leaving the world, Mrs Han left Karan a bracelet that was the only thing she had, her husband ruined everything.

The bracelet was precious to Karan, it was from her beloved mother. Mrs Han was the only person who loved her the most, she took care of Karan so well. But the situation forced no choice.

In bad luck, there was also one good luck. Karan was adopted by a man who was her family's creditor, Mister Park Simon. In that time, Karan changed her surname from Han to Park till now, she treated him as her blooded older brother, even though they were not.