CHAPTER 31: GREEDY

While Karan was so focused on the bracelet, Jerick and his companions peeked at each other, signalling to make a move. Then a man came in and grabbed Karan behind, Jerick quickly snatched the gun from her. She shouted angrily.

"What are you doing to me? Fuck off! I told you to fuck off."

Measuring his strength, Karan can't fight back. She was struggling to release from his grip, it was strong and tightened.

"Shut up. Tsk! See how crazy you are, Karan."

Karan was wide-eyed and seems like someone had knocked her awake, is this her fourth time to be betrayed? How dare he mention her by name as he would never called her this way once? Or it was just because of how he pretended in these past years.

"Did I hear you wrong, Jerick?"

"No, you didn't. I called you Karan. Han Karan, a crazy bitch who has nothing, but mental illness."

Karan no longer strived, Jerick was being unexpected for her. She still had not yet believed what her ears had just heard. Furious begins to boil inside her. Her red puffy eyes filled in rage tears.

"Was it all a lie? Answer me. HWANG JERICK!"

"Do you think my family is willing to work together to get rid of Park's family just to divide wealth to you also? What a foolish."

"So you used me to kill Simon, Seojun, and Youngsik then Hwang's family will appear innocent?"

"At least, you're still smart to understand my family's motive." Jerick caressed her head and his mockery face.

"Let me explain you clearly. Do you know how much Park's wealth is worth? Your tenth life's time. Everyone is eager to have it. How many people wish to spend their life with those? My family is one of them."

"As far as you don't know, my family has supported and been a part of Park's family. We saved many lives of their family member, but when my father failed to save In Sooah's life, Park Simon's mother, that ungrateful Park Simon almost dismissed my father. And accused him of the reason for Sooah's death."

"How could that bastard do to a family who saved their business once it was about to bankrupt? That bastard was ungrateful. My father lent his money to that bastard to rebuild its business again. When it was successful, it wanted to get rid of us. But my father was so smart enough to keep everything in control, although they treated him like a slave money maker. He still sacrificed for the sake of me and my mother."

"My father promised to himself that one day he would get revenge and took everything that belonged to Park, making Park Simon more suffering the twentieth time. Luck was on our side, suddenly it sent you to us making our plan so smooth and without letting our hands dirty. We had you doing for us."

Karan's deadly glare holds many grudges against him. She badly wanted to kill them now. In the meantime, she regretted what she had done in the past. Her inconsideration and blinding by jealousy had led her to become a murderer. She just realized the mistakes she made during this hour and this minute.

"I shouldn't trust an outsider and make my family suffer. I was even mad at my brother for sending me to a mental hospital, he just loved me and wanted me to get good treatment for my mental health but I thought of him as a devil person. I was so stupid to listen to all of you. Hwangs are the real devil."

A short flashback to the day when Park's business held a party and the argument between Chaeyoung and Youngsik happened, he collapsed and was sent to the hospital. On the way, Karan was with Youngsik. She had threatened him while he was lying and almost lost his life to the dead king, "I'm still being kind to you to let you sleep on the bed, you're such useless, literally trash. Why can't you force Rose to agree to the marriage? You deserve it now for not no longer usable."