CHAPTER 11: SOMEONE LIKE YOU

SEOKJIN'S POV

I'm on the way, driving faster than 5G internet to the site. I've tried to contact Chae many times, but she didn't pick up my call. If I have to call her until my phone breaks, I don't give up. I press the call icon again and again, but still no picking up my call.

"Chae, what are you doing now? Why don't you pick up my call?" I utter, my anxiety grows strongly.

Certainly, there must be something wrong with Chae, she's not a person who likes ignoring the call.

I tell myself, don't lose hope, try again.

I'm about to call Chae again, I received a call from my wife at the same time. Don't tell, Jisoo is also in danger. If something bad happens to them both, Karan is the first person I will come to. She's the only one who is most relevant and suspicious.

I answer the call, "Yes, Ja...". I haven't finished yet, Jisoo cut me.

"Jin." her voice sounds like weeping.

"Are you weeping, Jagi?" I instantly ask her, frowning at her strange voice.

Jisoo ignored the question I asked her, "Jin. Chae...Chae". She suddenly strangles.

My anxiety grew more strongly, I began to breathe hard nervously, "What happened to Chae?".

"I received a call from a police said that they had seen a car crash into a river at Busan. They saw a mobile phone fall nearby, the police assumed it was Chae's. The car is hers too" I can feel Jisoo starts to tremble as she weeps harder.

"How?" the first question lets out of my lips.

"I don't know, how it happened. We just didn't see her at the house this morning and I got bad news about her early" Jisoo continues.

"The police told me that they had found a drowning, swollen stinky dead body in the car. They've already lifted it out of the water, but haven't sent for autopsy. They're waiting for the family to come and see the body first whether they can recognise it because it's very swollen" Jisoo covered her mouth and broke down.

"Jin, we should go now to make sure it's not Chae" Jisoo insists to see the unidentifiable body.

Too shocked to hear the news as I'm on the way to look for Chae. I comfort Jisoo, "Listen to me first, Jagi. I'm on the way to Busan, so you don't need to come. I know it's hard for you to see the body".

"Relax, I'll go there to check it, just tell me the location. If you can't concentrate on work, go home to rest. Don't tell Lisa either, please wait for the confirmation from me first" Jisoo and Lisa are the people who affect their feelings the most if the news is true, but my hopelessness cheers me up said it's not true. The body isn't Chae's.

"I'll inform you when I arrive there and check the body. See you, Jagi. I love you" I say before ending the call, waiting for Jisoo to respond.

"I hope it's not her. I'll wait for the news at home. Drive safely, see you" Thank God, Jisoo listen to me.

We hang up.

I gather my mind to be strong, and comfort myself, "Not true, not her". I keep mumbling these phrases and drive to the location where Jisoo has just sent to me.

~