CHAPTER 08: MOOD

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"Unnie, are you okay?" Lisa calls me, her voice startles me. "I've noticed you keep glancing at the rearview mirror since we left my college".

It's true, I've glanced at the rearview many times since I went to pick Lisa up from the college. My mood is being insecure after I left the parking lot at the company. It's just my eyes keep glancing up at it as I feel like someone's following me.

I notice a dark car has been following me since I left the parking lot until I'm on the way to a restaurant, that dark car still shows up.

I've tried to scan someone's face, it's a guy with a black cap. Sad to say, he's too far away to see his face. He doesn't wear a mask, but the silly cap hides his face very well.

I can't tell Lisa, I don't want to make her feel frightened. She gets frightened easily. I should make myself laid back to comfort the atmosphere. As well as I'm also concerned that she might be involved in danger with me if there were someone to follow us. However, I'll protect her no matter what.

Also, if my thoughts were true, my aunt might be the suspect who was involved. The war between me and her has just started, I humiliated her this morning in front of many people. She must have been furious with me although she looked calm and didn't say anything much as well as she took a day off for a reason feeling not well today and went back home.

She wanted to leave the company since she couldn't bear the shame I exposed her. I didn't expose her much but knowing that some people may judge her for being fake, pretending to wear an angel mask, a lot.

Can't help, what am I supposed to do, help her hide her dirty secrets? No. I haven't revealed what she has done to the company, it's not I have mercury on her I just give her a second chance to mend what she cheated on her family.

It's unlikely to believe what I knew about her secret, my brother-in-law had found out she had been cheating on the company for years. She secretly stole money and transferred it to a few different unknown accounts every month.

She also fakes the monthly financial statement report and there are many things more that she scammed the company.

I can't imagine if Jerick took over the M.Rose with my aunt as his assistant. Mighty, M.Rose would disappear forever.

So that's why I have to take care of my father's blood sweat and tears. I won't let his sacrifice be destroyed. I'll get rid of those greedy and deceitful people. They're not worth raising.

"I'm okay, Lis. It might be my new habit to glance at the rearview mirror without me realise it" I snicker nervously, hoping my excuse would work and Lisa wouldn't ask me further.

Lisa nods her head, I sigh in relief like putting a heavy thing off my shoulder.

As I steal a glance at the rearview again, the dark car that followed me has disappeared to nowhere.

My brows knit together since I ask myself in my mind, "Was I overthinking? Did I think by myself that someone followed me? Or did I try to scare myself?".

I don't want my mind to travel in doubt further. So I decided to play the music to erase that silent atmosphere and my bothering thoughts.

I must be happy because I have a date with my little sister. We've never had such a moment since I went to study abroad and returned here again. The gap between me and her gets distant from time to time.

A good way to keep our sister relationship not getting distant, hanging out or shopping often. That's sister's thing in common.

As for now, I have an important duty to take of her too.