CHAPTER 17: BOOM CLAP

ALICE'S POV

Never once in my life, have I felt like wanting to run away. Being an acting president of the real estate and development organisation was my nightmare. It was a headache and exasperation.

I wasn't hired to do the work, but for Chaeyoung's sake, I do whatever I can, to make myself become a real Park Chaeyoung. To avoid the suspicion, Karan is smart enough to be able to notice me at any time, even a small strange behaviour.

So, it wasn't just wearing clothes, doing makeup and acting. Play a role as the acting president though.

Checking the document and carefully reading it, it is hard for me to catch the glue of what they want to say. I have never worked before. For me, looked like learning the basic alphabet when I was two years old.

Fortunately, I have Jin staying beside me as my assistant. I'm going to die soon for sure.

"Oppa, what's for these?" I pointed to the document as Jin carried more documents and dropped them on the desk in front of me.

Just seeing them, I'm exhausted before checking them, I exhaled exhaustedly and lay my head on the desk, "I don't know if I was right to agree to pretend to Chaeyoung".

"You were right!" Jin answered for me.

"I want to retreat now" I faked crying for help.

"It's too late to go back, Alice" Jin said to me.

Suddenly, there's a knocking on the door. Jin moved to stand next to me as an assistant and I changed to Chaeyoung immediately, "Come in!".

"President Chae! There's a man who wants to meet you" The secretary Jane entered the office, she was promoted to Chaeyoung's secretary while Diana was fired due to her recklessness and accused of creating a false scene.

"A man? What's his name?" my mind wandered around as I thought perhaps Jimin would come to visit me since it had been a week since I was away from home.

"He's Kim Taehyung" Jane responded.

And I was speechless, having no idea who Taehyung was. I have never heard this name before. But wait a moment, "Kim Taehyung? Kim Taehyung". Uttering in my mind, the more I utter, the more I start sensing familiarity. I think I used to hear it somewhere. Is he and Chaeyoung friends or something? Whatever!

"Let him in" I told Jane and she bowed as leaving to call that Taehyung.

"Do you know him?" Jin asked me.

"That's the question, I should ask you. Did Chaeyoung know him?" I glanced up at him.

"I have no idea. Let's see then!" Jin shrugged at me. We both wait for Taehyung to come in, it is just out of the blue.

"Good afternoon!" Taehyung walked in and his hands carried a bouquet, if I'm not wrong, they're a bunch of pink roses.

Taehyung nodded at Jin and smiled at me, I politely responded with a smile too.

"Have a seat, please!" I said to Taehyung.

He handed me the bouquet before taking a seat in front of me. I didn't want to be rude, so I accepted it from Taehyung.

"You might be surprised that I visited you all of a sudden." he kept wearing a smile while me being like who are you? I have never known you before but don't want to catch any suspicious, pretending.

"Do you remember me?" he asked me, questions and dumb shining through my mind. The truth, I would tell him no. However, I'm not Alice, I am acting as Park Chaeyoung. So, the answer is yes, "I remember you".