Senate/Colorado

Washington DC

footage was shown to the US Senators of the battle of San Francisco of 2014, Godzilla fighting powerfully against the two MUTOs and saving the city. There was Monarch operatives: Ishiro Serizawa, Vivienne Graham and Sam Coleman.

Sam: what we're seeing here, is the return of an ancient super species: Godzilla, The MUTOs, Kong. The Titans posses an essential balance to our planet, while some are a threat, we at Monarch are always prepared to know which ones are here to protect us and which ones are here to threaten us.

Senator: thank you for the 5th grade lesson Mr Coleman, but we haven't heard one reason why Monarch shouldn't fall under US Jurisdiction and why these creatures should be exterminated?

Ishiro: killing them would be a mistake, they returned because of us. It was our atomic testing that awoke Gojira, other creatures like the MUTOs, from strip mining and seismic surveys. But these are not monsters! They are animals, rising to reclaim a world that was once theirs!

Senator: it sounds like you are protecting them Dr Serizawa as if you admire them?

Ishiro: I admire all forms of life! Senators, if we hope to survive, we must find ways to coexist with Titans with Gojira.

Vivienne: a sort of symbiotic relationship

Senator: so you want to make Godzilla our pet?

Ishiro: no, we will be his

The entire US Senate just laughed at Serizawa's comment while he just frowned. Dr Graham then got a text regarding the incident at Outpost 61, forcing her, Sam and Serizawa to leave the Senate.

Senator: Dr Serizawa, Dr Graham this meeting isn't over, Dr Serizawa! I hope you understand the consequences of walking out that door!

Colorado

In Colorado, Mark Russell was watching and listening to some wolves hunt, he calmly listened to the growls then heard something else, a Monarch Osprey approaching, it landed and out stepped Serizawa, Coleman and Graham, Mark was confused, why have they come if he had left Monarch some years ago?

They gathered at mark's country house and showed footage of the Outpost 61 raid

Vivienne: feed cut outs there, survivors haven't been able to tell much, only that Emma and Madison were taken.

Ishiro: I'm sorry, Mark..

Mark: I should have been there for her...who is he?

Vivienne: we don't know but we believe they were after this *points to Emma using the ORCA*

Mark: you didn't--

Sam: it's the ORCA, we think that's why they need Emma, she believed if we replicate the sonar the Titans use to communicate it could help--

Mark: help what? Play god? The ORCA was a grad school project it shouldn't even exist!

Ishiro: which is why we need to get it back.

Vivienne: Mark we know you're hurting, but with your help we'll find Emma and Madison..