Chapter Fifty-Five

•|••|••|•

Namjoon stood next to the window in his room, staring down at the streets below. People passed by, looking as small as ants. It had been 3 days since he fainted. It had been 3 days since Hajoon texted him. It had been 3 days since he found out he had a little sister. It had been 3 days and Jin still didn't know anything. Namjoon knows Jin knows something is wrong. He knows the older won't push him or anything though, which is not helping.

Today is the day. Today is the day Namjoon wants to tell Jin. He can't keep hiding it from the older. He hasn't even texted Hajoon back. Honestly, he doesn't even know if he should anymore. What if he was lying about everything? What if it's just a way to hurt him?

Namjoon walked away from the door deciding to just get it over with and talk to the older. He exited the room and walked downstairs to the kitchen. He knew Jin was probably in there making lunch or talking to someone in there.

He entered the kitchen to be met with Jin standing staring down into a glass he was holding. He walked in further and leaned on the counter, standing by Jin. "Hyung," he called. Jin looked up at the younger. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah. You can tell me anything Jooine," Jin said, a comforting smile forming on his face. Namjoon nodded looking down at the floor. He took in a deep breath, before lifting his head to look back at the older.

"Well, you know the day I fainted?" he asked. Jin nodded humming. "Well, I told you that I didn't feel good that day, but that wasn't the truth. I was just too scared to tell you the actual truth. I was scared you would get mad at me or yell at me or something."

"I would never get mad at you for telling me something. You know that. You can tell me anything no matter what it is."

"That day when I went to open the door to let the camera crew in, it wasn't the camera crew. It was Hajoon standing there." Namjoon saw Jin tense up hearing this and he wasn't surprised. Jin hated Hajoon and always had. "He asked me to talk just normally. And it was different. He seemed scared and anxious. So I stepped out and listened this time."

"I swear if he hurt-"

"Hyung," Namjoon interrupted. "He didn't. But what he told me was not what I was expecting. He told me that after I left. My parents had a baby. A girl. Her name is Jaejoon. And he's worried that they'll treat her like they did me. You should've seen him. He seemed so worried."

"How do you know he's not lying?" Jin asked. It seems he had the same feeling as Namjoon.

"I don't know. I was thinking that too, but he seemed too worried about it. I think there might be something going on. He wanted me to go in there and show them I'm fine. That they did nothing."

"Are you going to?"

"I don't know. How do I know if he's telling the truth?"

"You just have to trust your gut feeling. If it's telling you to go, then go, but if not maybe you should be more cautious."

"What do you think I should do?" Namjoon asked. He knew Jin would have an opinion about this, but wouldn't tell him unless asked. It was just the way he was.

"I don't know. But think about it. Whether or not you go there and prove they're fine, they're going to treat that little girl the same. It doesn't matter if you go or not. They will treat her how they want. The only way to ensure they don't treat her like they did you is to remove her from them. If I were you though, I would go. I would go and prove to them that you are strong, not weak, whether it's for Jaejoon or not."

"I don't know Hyung. What if I'm not strong enough?"

"You are," the older said. He looked Namjoon straight in the eye. "You are not weak at all and you never will be. You never gave up then and you won't now. You do what you think is right. But no matter what you're not weak. You are strong."