Chapter 22 - Valentine's Day

"[your name]?" your dad knocked on your bedroom door. "Are you awake? Can I come in?"

"Sure" you replied shortly.

Your father opened the door only to be greeted by you on a bed littered with bags of potato chips.

"What the--? What are you doing?" your father asked surprised.

"Right now? Watching YouTube" you said and flicked a potato chip into your mouth.

"Okay then" he said. "Anyways, Byakuya called, he said he wanted to meet you at the park"

"Nah" you shook your head. "Tell him I'm not coming"

"Why?"

"It's February 14th" you said in a duh tone.

"So?"

"You've got to be kidding me dad" you paused the video you were watching and turned to your dad. "It's Valentine's day!"

"Again, so?"

"Valentine's day is the day I lock myself up in my room"

"Since when?" your dad chuckled and sat on edge of your bed.

"Since forever!" you groaned, feeling frustrated. "Now go away and tell Togami I'm not coming"

Your father rolled his eyes and walked to the door. Before he went out, he turned to you.

"I'm going out of town today, but I'll be back at 8"

"Sure, fine, whatever, bye" you said and went back to watching YouTube.

"Well someone's a little cranky today" your father muttered before closing the door behind him.

When you heard your dad's footsteps going down the stairs, you paused your video again and sighed.

The only reason you don't celebrate valentine's day anymore is because of the little 'incident' you had when you were in middle school.

The last time you celebrated valentine's day, you got your heart ripped into two thanks to a certain someone. Hint, that certain someone goes by the name Togami Byakuya.

[See Chapter 1! It explains what happened on Valentine's Day ^^]

And you never celebrated valentine's day ever since.

Your thoughts were suddenly interrupted by your phone's sudden buzzing.

You saw a text from Byakuya and groaned. Suddenly feeling angry at him again, you tossed your phone to the little [favorite color] beanbag at the corner of your room.

A second later, you got an email from him. And of course you ignored it.

You went back to your video, trying to calm yourself down. When you finally felt better, your phone started to ring.

"Just stop it" you muttered angrily.

Surprisingly, your phone stopped ringing and you sighed in relief. But the feeling only lasted a few seconds, because you suddenly got another email from him.

Frustrated, you jumped off of your bed and rushed down the stairs.

You poured chocolate milk into your favorite mug. Chocolate milk always calms you down.

You sat down on the couch in your living room and turned on the TV.

"Just don't think about it. Don't think about it. Don't think about it, Don't think about it. Don't--" your thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell. "Are you kidding me?!"