5. Kiyotana pt2 + Exams 💗

Summary: Asahi seems upset after you take the number from a boy. You seek the help of Mikoto at a group study session at Asahi's place.
_________________________________________
You all meet at the ramen place to celebrate. You sit beside Mikoto and Yachi. A long table with all 17 of you lined up, You were having a fun time teasing the new couple and enjoying your ramen. You would glance at Asahi who was sitting in a corner who occassionally smiled but somehow looked like he was upset. It puzzled you so you decided to ask him afterwards.

You didn't remember the last time you had so much fun. Everyone was joking around, Hinata and Kageyama bickering as usual, Yachi explaining how scared she was of the spikes and the players, Michimiya was beaming, Tanaka and Kiyoko giggling at each other and Tsukishima making snide comments into Yamaguchi's ear and both of them laughing.

You left from the restaurant at 8:30 pm late in the evening. Things were pretty awkward between you and Asahi the walk home. You decided to break the ice and said "Hey Asahi, are you alright? You seem quieter than usual" you asked him, getting it off of your chest.

"Well..... I- I'm alright... But..." He said struggling to find the appropriate words.
"Common out with it!" You told Asahi.

"I'm sorry for being so self doubting. Especially after you spent the whole week tossing to me and helping me improve my spike. I didn't think about your feelings at all. Also, I shouldn't have barged in between you and that Date tech blocker's conversation. It wasn't my place to say anything. I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me." Asahi sounded sad.

"Asahi.... I really didn't mind it. I can understand, I have confidence issues as well. And I didn't help you because I'm the manager. I did it because we're friends, you could ask my help any time." You said reassuring him.

"Also about Futakuchi, you did what anyone would've done. Don't worry, I'm not mad." You gave a kind smile and Asahi have a sigh of relief as your house arrived.

You turned around to say bye to Asahi when he asked unexpectedly "are- are you planning on going out with hi- him?" It looked like he was contemplating whether to ask this or not but went ahead anyway.

You were taken off guard. You really hadnt thought about it.
"Don't mind it, I shouldn't have asked in the first place. I should go" Asahi talked before you could answer and turned around to leave.

"Hey wait Asahi!" You said grabbing his hand.
"I don't know, I haven't decided if I will call him or not" you said looking away from his eyes. He gently detached your hand from his.
"Goodnight (y/n)" he said with an unconvincing smile. You stepped in your house with an unsatisfied feeling. "Tadaima" you said.

"So who was that handsome young man?" Your mom asked you teasing.
"Oh god not you too" you said complaining.
"Ne-chan has a boyfriend?" Your younger sibling asked. "No I don't" you said blushing. "Looks like our (y/n) has developed a crush on someone" Your mom said teasing again (cries because my mom is very strict and could never be this happy seeing me with a guy). "Goodnight!" You said and went to your room smiling like and idiot over the word 'boyfriend'.
If only.
After changing, you started scrolling in your phone, a message from Suga.

"Study session, Asahi's, tomorrow at 10". You facepalmed yourself. This is going to be awkward. But with your exams coming in next week you thought group study wouldn't be so bad. Plus there will be other people too so you don't have to face Asahi alone. Why was he so concerned with you possibly talking to Futakuchi?
Futakuchi! You searched up the name in your contact list. You contemplated whether to text him or not.
"I'll think about it later" you said to yourself and started watching your (fav anime) on the tv.

You woke up at 9 and got ready. The end of August made the wind chiller than the summer months. Autumn was approaching. The weather became nice and cool. You threw on a cozy jumper and some jeans. Packing the books you went to Asahi's.
______________________________________