8. You did it!💗

Summary: Things are tense between you two as the miyagi prefectural matches keep you two busy. An unexpected meet with Saori changes the situation.
________________________________________

You put a cross on today's date in the club room's calendar. 5 days to go for the Spring Interhigh National matches for Miyagi prefecture. Since the last two weeks Both the volleyball teams were practicing before and after school. You were busy registering for the matches and doing managing related works for the team.

You had smoothed things over with Asahi. Or so you were telling yourself. You'd walk the longer way to school to avoid meeting him. You'd give reasons like
"sorry for not checking your texts, my phone is not working"
"I'm planning on walking home with Mikoto"
Whenever Asahi tried to talk to you you'd get very formal and avoid interaction. He didn't give up though.

On the day of the first match, some relatives of the players and other locals came to cheer on the team.

The view was very funny:
Hinata- nauseous,
Nishinoya- trying to look cool while playing, to attract girls' attention,
Suga- yelling at everyone to keep it together,
Daichi- clueless as to how they were going to play in this condition,
Asahi- too nervous to function and
Tsukishima and Kageyama: fighting.

The first match started and you were against a small school so the team wasn't a strong one. You took the first two sets as you won the match.

During the next match, the new team, Tsubakihara was a strong one with a strong offense like Karasuno's. Tsukishima, Hinata and Asahi shined in this match with their defense. Even after losing the second set, you took the third set due to Daichi and Noya's great receives and won this match as well.

Returning to school, you planned for finals, which was against the best team in Miyagi, Shiratorizawa. Coach Ukai discussed detailed strategies as to how to receive the spikes and serves. Everyone being pumped, left for their houses.

"Miko-chan, (y/n) chan, let's go home together!" Suga waved as he dragged Asahi with him. You reluctantly walked home with them. When Suga's street came, he and Mikoto left, claiming they were going to 'spend some time together'.
This meant you had to be alone with Asahi. As much as you missed this, you didn't want to walk with him. It was too painful.

But you had no choice so you waved bye to the couple and said "Don't waste all your energy and stamina today. You have a match tomorrow." Sticking your tongue out. "OH MY GOD (Y/N) You're so nasty" Mikoto said blushing as she hid her face. "Don't worry, Sugawara senpai never gets tired!" Suga said proudly as Asahi and you laughed out loud while Mikoto punched Suga embarrassed.

"So are you going to make an excuse and run away again?" Asahi asked you laughing. "What excuses? I don't give excuses" you said defensively, picking up your pace, hoping you'd reach home faster. You didn't want to hear what happened because you didn't want to relive the horror of watching the person that you like probably kissing someone else.

"Since I won't get another chance to explain myself, here goes nothing." Asahi startes to speak without waiting for your response.

"To clear out what you're obviously mistaking, No, We weren't kissing." Your eyes shot up to the ace's face as he said this. But what you saw then, clearly said otherwise.

"The thing is, the girl came over to ask me out on a date, but someone saw the door was open and they didn't see us inside so they switched off the light. She stumbled and fell down among the bags in the dark. I gave her a hand to get up which she clearly mistook for something else and tried to kiss me. I pushed her away tho, I swear." He looked at you, trying to sound as convincing as possible.