Chapter 2

A/N: okay, so i'm going to try to update as much as possible, so..yeah. i'm gonna do this.
~
(Still on Keith's POV)

"ah, well..i..heard him mumble..something...that he feels useless to this family." he looked down again. "i'll uh..i'll ask him about it." I tripped on my words. Did..Pico feel like a burden to us? he would never think that, right?? "can..we go back to sleep?" Pump asked, yawning. "Yeah..i'm still kinda tired myself." I responded. I picked up Pump, and carried him to bed. His room still wasn't finished. We were yet to set up the dresser. At least he has his TV. I tucked him into bed, and he handed me his Pumpkin. I set it on the nightstand. I saw a scar on his face. "i- what happened to you?" I asked, concerned. "Someone tried to stab me with a fork. weird how deep it got, considering the school forks are crap." he responded. I sighed. "do you know who it was?" i asked. "why are you so worried about me? i can live, dad.." he trailed off. "you're MY son now, remember that. i'm just worried about you. i don't want anyone hurting you. You've had enough from living in the forest." I explained. He sighed, and slowly nodded.

"guess you're right." he finally agreed with me. I pat his head, and smiled. "just..come to me if you have a nightmare or something..okay? You haven't been speaking lately. I just want to help." I spoke, worry in my voice. "okay..night." he responded, and turned away from me, trying to fall asleep. "sweet dreams, Pump." I wished him well. I went to my room, and sat down at my desk. I stacked my papers, and sat them aside, with my colored pencils. I put my laptop on my desk, and looked up some stuff. I grabbed what i needed, and turned it off. I got up, and went over to my bed, got in, and covered up. 'Cold in here.' I thought. I eventually fell asleep though.

 Timeskip! 

I woke up. I heard..movement somewhere in the hallway. It wasn't Pump- his footsteps don't sound as heavy. It seemed to walk, like a Sawtooth. (info time!) I played a lot of Horizon lately, as I had gotten the other two TVs for Pumps room, and mine as well. I dug up a few PS4s that i had taken from my house when i seemed to..escape. It was since my dad played a lot of games. I imagine that he wasn't too happy about it. I got another copy of Horizon, and gave it to Pump. We both played separately,  talking through a Party, instead of shouting, like that one time when i yelled 'OH GOD, ITS A SWARM OF GLINTHAWKS!'. Pump laughed, and i eventually heard Pico laughing loudly from downstairs. It's a lot of fun, honestly. I love playing the game with Pump- it's just a way of bonding with us. It's the one thing we both rambled about together like crazy. We were nerds on it. I liked the Tallneck, as i say they're like the 'Brachiosaur of Machines'. I just think they're neat. pump LOVES the Thunderjaws, and Sawtooths. 

I kinda understand the Sawtooth part, as you don't really get to see them after you pass the ONE area. (info thingy is over now) I listened, as the steps got closer..and louder..then, the door creaked open. I closed my eyes, scared, as i had been staring at the wall, as i thought. It inched closer..and closer..until..

I felt air gently brush against my face. It was probably Just Pico. (LMAO I FORGOT TO EXPLAIN THE SPECIES I'LL DO THAT IN THE A/N NEXT CHAPTER, I WILL NOT TOLERATE MYSELF MAKING A/N'S A SEPARATE PART ON ITS OWN. plus, Pico's a SpinoRaptor/Spinotahraptor. i forgot which name is which, so sorry. i'll post the design in next chapter if i find it amongst the millions of drawings in ibis) I felt the bed sink, below my stomach, and rise up again, as it went over me.  I suddenly felt scales push against my neck. "what is it..?" i spoke out, turning over, to what i guessed was Pico..THAT WAS NOT PICO. and that was NOT what he was. Stems on the limbs..even its head..(if you need what he looks like, its on the explanation ch.) "P-Pump..?" I sat up, shocked. He could do that too? what the fuck? i feel left out. He suddenly turned back to normal. "i..had a n-nightmare.." he spoke, hiccing. I sat criss-crossed, and patted my leg. He got in my lap.

I hugged him, and he hugged back, as if he didn't want to let go. I gently rubbed his back in circles. "I-I'm sorry for waking you up.." he spoke, hiccing again. I think he was..terribly scared. "no, no..it's okay." i whispered, and i looked over to the window. The sun was setting already? am i just that heavy of a sleeper? He started to cry into my chest. I could feel my shirt getting wet. I don't have the energy to change into anything, no matter what time it is. I gently sang to him. (I did have a song written but it's stupid. Let me know if you want it though. I might put it in.) 

Timeskip 

I eventually finished. I made it up on the spot. (lmao my pain while making the discord ver. as i have no where else to put it, and docs scares me cause i accidentally delete shit on there) It was really just about the Watcher, as they're a bit underrated in my opinion. Pump was oddly quiet. I felt his hand grip against my back. He was asleep, i assume. "Good Job." i heard someone whisper to me. I jumped- and looked to my side, but, luckily, it was just Pico. "t-thank you." i thanked him quietly. He got in bed next to me, and leaned his head on my shoulder. "what happened? your shirts wet as fuck, so i guess pump was crying?" he asked me. I nodded. "yeah..a nightmare..poor thing. Doesn't deserve it after all the hell he's been through. " I whispered. I got up, and carried Pump to him room, and laid him down in bed. I gently pat his head, and went back to my room.  

~
ow woah hi! if this gets maybe a few reads that would be shocking to me cause i suck lmao. I'll try to get pico's ref from Ibis. anyway WOAH almost 1000 words not counting the A/N at the start. thats great. i never thought i would get to the point to make everything a separate chapter lmao

cya next chapter