Chapter 16

fun fact echo was kinda based on Lila but that was really just the hair. Other than that, i just went, okay, tall nice lady, loves music, a god at horizon, like me- I'm getting carried away, let's start now.
~
Skid's POV

"Alright. I'll be there. Thanks for telling me." A voice spoke through Pumps phone, before they ended the call. I don't know how I knew what they said, but, i really don't know much. That's what I say, atleast. Pump came over to me, and sat down to my right. I looked down, scared to look if he would do something. "Hey." He spoke. I looked over at him. "It's gonna be alright. Maybe not now. Maybe later. But it will be." He spoke, putting a hand on my shoulder. I smiled, and he smiled back. But then i went back to looking down. I eventually heard a knock downstairs, and Pump got up, and went to get it. I heard some chatter. I heard footsteps, before the door opened. "Oh no..oh god.." it seemed like the person was panicking. They came over to me. "Skid? c'mon, look at me.." They spoke. I looked up, to see it was Echo. "Thank god, Pump was here." She spoke. Why would she be so worried? "You're welcome!" I heard Pump speak, causing her to laugh a little.

"You'll be okay. Here, stay still for me." She spoke, so i did as she said. "Your neck still hurts?" She asked. I nodded. "alright. just hold on for me." She spoke. I stayed as still as i could, as i was shaking. "Pump, throw me that clear bottle in my bag." She spoke again. I saw as she caught the bottle. She pulled out what seemed to be a plant. She did something to it, and i felt something sticky on my neck. "Okay, so, this stuff is gonna help with that bruise on your neck. And i really don't want that bruise to annoy you." She spoke, applying the crushed up herb on my neck, where the rope was. "How long?" She looked over at Pump. "Maybe..five, seven." He replied. "oh shit, no wonder it's that bad." She replied, looking back over to the bruise. Maybe a few minutes, she said i could put my head back down. "There ya go." She spoke, patting my head. Pump came over, and sat by me. I started getting nervous. "Listen, Skid." Pump started. I looked over at him. "we don't want you to die, Skid, and I'm gonna say it until it gets out of your head. you can't let this take over your head, i know you can be so much stronger. i know what i just said sounds absolutely stupid. But i know you can fight back." Pump told me. "yeah, he's right. I know you're a strong kid. You survived a shot in the leg, even emotional stuff. like..when your mom starts ranting about you and how great you are- yeah, i know, that's embarrassing as hell. Plus, you gotta deal with mental scarring or something- didn't you get trapped in some place for several days?" She asked, as i looked up at her, and nodded. "yeah that's some hard stuff to go through, that was a small place, too. right?" I nodded again. "yeah, you're lucky you haven't even gotten to a point where you cant speak, scared of everything, like this one guy. there's more like that, but you're damn mentally strong if you didn't let that get to you." She spoke.

"yeah, good point. listen, we believe in you, Skid. you can do this." Pump spoke. I looked back over at him. I felt Echo hug me, before Pump joined in. I started crying again. Pump gently rubbed my back, as i looked down, trying to stop crying. "Thank you.." I choked out, crying even harder. "hey, it's no problem. we just wanna help." She spoke. "yeah. just..promise me you wont try to kill yourself again..okay?" Pump asked me. I nodded. "Skid shouldn't be here alone. no offense, Pump." She spoke. "it's okay." He replied. "I'll tell Lila i'm bringing you home with me. Okay?" Echo asked me. I nodded. "just until your mom starts her way home. Pump has a copy of the house keys." She spoke again. They both let go of me. i really wish they didn't. i actually felt a bit safe. "alright, lets get some of your clothes..your phone and charger.." Echo spoke, gathering around my things, and laying them next to me, so i could look through. All black clothes. Exactly what i wanted. "That good?" she asked. I nodded. I got up, and grabbed a small bag, and put everything in. "i got some spare stuff at my house, so you don't need to really grab anything more. Pump, you want me to drive you home?" She asked him. "yes, please." He replied. "aw, you don't gotta be that polite to me. I don't deserve it." She started. "I'm just..trying my best to just live in this world." She finished. She gently grabbed the bag and put it over her shoulder, and picked me up, so i held onto her, as i was scared of falling off. "C'mon. let's get you some rest." She spoke. I then fell asleep.

Echo's POV

(WOAAAH YEEEES FINALLY HERE! FUCK YEAH MAN LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'VE BEEN WANTING TO DO HER IN FOREVER, THERE'S SOME WEIRD STUFF GOING ON WITH HER AND U GUYS DIDN'T GET THE ANSWER TO HER PARENTS SO I MIGHT DO THAT REAL SOON)

I went outside, and Pump helped me with opening doors, as i was holding Skid. "Thank you, Pump." I thanked him, as i got in the drivers seat, and he got in the passenger seat, as i close the door. "No problem, Ma'am." He spoke. "Why you bein' so polite to me? is it because i look like his mom?" I asked, putting on my seatbelt, and keeping Skid on my lap, as he decided he wouldnt let go of me. Yeah, he's still holdin' on. I backed up, and eventually got on the road. "I dunno," Pump started. "I just have this thing where i get scared of adults and start being real polite cause i'm scared of being beaten. Plus, you're an Indoraptor." He spoke. I laughed. "Yeah, i know your father is short, but that Hybrid is a bit bigger than my ten feet tall. He's maybe..fourteen feet tall? I know it isn't much, but with enough work he could get stronger than me." I responded. "Yeah, but..you're an adult and stuff, and i was taught to always respect people like you." He spoke. "yeah, i was taught that too." I began. "I don't know if it's me, but, i was yelled at alot when i was a kid, and i thought, 'hey, where's my respect too? i know im just a stupid child but like, pass it on or somethin'. Still sounds stupid." I spoke. "Yeah. there's some really bad parents out there. Mine were nice, but..they passed." Pump spoke, looking back over at the window. "Yeah..mine's a bit darker than what happened to your parents." I spoke. "What happened?" He asked. "I'll tell you when we park at your house. Don't..tell your parents, please. I'd rather break it to them myself." I spoke. "Alright." He responded. "Hey..you want me to get you some food? you haven't eaten for a while, i'm guessing." I spoke. "i'd just..take something small and a tea." He spoke.

"Green, sweet, or unsweetened?" I asked. "Green." He replied. "woah, nice choice. Hey, what time is it?" I asked. "nine. i think they're asleep." He spoke. "weeeeelll..i guess you can stay over too." I spoke. "really?" he asked. "heck yeah you can, little man. i can even show you that Stalker i've been workin on." I spoke. "You've been working on a Stalker?" He asked, getting a bit excited. "Yeah. it works too. I've made sure it cant get glitches. Plus, no one knows about it other than us, no one knows what software i used, plus, custom made software- it should be okay. It'll be dead if it dares get one." I explained. "Will it hurt me?" he asked. "heck no, it wont. It takes my fingerprint as activation, so it'll know not to hurt you." I spoke. "that's cool." He spoke. "yeah. sad part, i'll have to make you the tea when we get to the house." I spoke. "That's okay."

The rest of the ride to the mcdonalds was silent. We were eventually back on the road, when i connected my phone to the car and played some music. We stayed quiet, as Pump was eating, and Skid was sleeping, and the music was enough. We eventually made it, and i turned off the car. "Help me with that bag." I asked, as i opened the door, and and got out. I shut the car door, and saw Pump walk over, with the bag, and i saw as he looked up at my house. Two floors. The top floor is just used for my room, the guest room, gaming room, and just a weird place where i make the machines, or study bones. Everything else is downstairs. I also have a basement. I don't know how I have the money to keep this house. I used one arm to carry Skid, and i pulled out my keys, and opened the door. I went in, and Pump threw away the trash. "When you go up there, you should see a door with a pit of paint on it. Across from there is the guest bedroom." I spoke, and he went upstairs. I eventually followed, and put my keys down on the small table on the right side of the couch. This house was..dark, i guess you could say.

~
AAAAA I LOVE WRITING THIS HDJDXJJS
this is awkward now so uh

see u next chapter I guess