Chapter 28

i don't know what to say here other than I'm happy i got cassandra done. also felt like we paid too much attention on the look a like and goth so wanted to give a double on Keith and Pico before going back. maybe two on both and eventually one with all?? seems like a plan to me. Updated the EX, look at that before continuing on, please! if you don't, you're gonna be mad, I'm guessing?? If you go something about more than one ships, especially after reading this chapter, I'll simply say, "shoulda read the note on that chapter, they're there for a reason!" or something like that. I try to be nice, i guess? I'm an awkward person. But if you guys kinda wanna suggest some tweaks on the dino designs please do leave a comment on that, I'll be happy to read and consider :)

~

No One's POV

Echo was sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, watching TV with Cassandra. Echo made some Hot Cocoa not too long ago, so they were still drinking it. Cassandra started thinking about what happened a few hours ago. She didn't REALLY mean it, right? ...right? She wasn't herself, so..she didn't know. She just sat there, silently drinking her Cocoa, watching TV as she thought. Echo eventually got up, keeping her blanket wrapped around her, going to the kitchen. She started washing out her cup. She put it in the dishwasher, and closed it, walking back over to the couch, and sitting down. She curled up, trying to keep warm. Eventually, Cassandra piped up.

"hey..did..you really mean all that stuff?" Cassandra spoke, nervous. "what stuff?" Echo asked, looking over at her. "w-when you uhm- started.." Cassandra trailed off, blushing. "f-flirting..with me.." She finished. (typing on pc so i cant make the text tiny af god dammit) Echo realized, and looked away, putting a hand on her cheek. "uh..if i weren't acting like..a drunk, i actually would, haha.." Echo trailed off. "oh-" Cassandra realized. She looked down, after taking another sip of her Cocoa. it was awkwardly silent for a while. Cassandra eventually set down her empty cup, and gently laid against Echo. Echo smiled, and put Cassandra with her under the blanket, and hugged her. they sat there comfortably, watching TV. Skid walked in. "lovebirds." He muttered. "just wait until you get with someone, kid." Echo replied. Skid immediately started thinking about something, and sighed. He went upstairs, and to the guest room.

"when's he gonna move in?" Cassandra asked. "I dunno if we even wanna do that yet. Lilas getting worse. Intense pains, and sickness. if she gets another shot like that, well..she probably won't live." Echo replied. "let's just..hope she lives.." Cassandra sighed. Echo nodded. "She probably won't even be in the condition to take care of him. Hell, I'm kinda like his sister now..if he had one." Echo muttered her last sentence. "you guys seem like you would be siblings." Cassandra muttered, thinking. "if i were his sibling i would be babying him most of the time, and embarrass him infront of pump." Echo spoke, yawning. "awe, i can see that happening." Cassandra started to laugh. They sat there for another few hours.

It was eventually dark.

Echo got up, picking up Cassandra, holding her bridal style. Cassandra panicked, and Echo walked upstairs, walking into her room. She laid Cassandra down on the bed. "there..sleep here tonight. It's much better than the couch." Echo spoke. Cassandra huffed, and got under the covers, curling up, cold. "aight, bein pissy now?? i mean, that's how you usually are until you became soft." Echo chuckled, teasing in a way. "i- i am NOT soft!" Cassandra exclaimed, rolling to her other side to face Echo. "seems like it. Pico tells me you're usually so pissy with everyone...especially that weeb.." Echo trailed off. "yeah, that fuckers his own type of stupid. i don't get him." Cassandra yawned out. "yeah, what's up with you? you're being so soft with me." Echo spoke. Cassandra huffed. "i mean...you're..acceptable.." She trailed off. "awe, you like meeee!" Echo exclaimed. "S-Shut up!" Cassandra exclaimed, making Echo laugh. "alright..you get some sleep, I'll be on the couch." Echo sighed, stretching.