Chapter 4

A/N: how the fuck did it reach 12 in a few hours i thought it would only reach to 6 in a few but its nice to know people might like the book. Just so you know, yes, I am active on Discord as i write, so, talking about Discord, every once in a while i stream some Friday Night Funkin. But if someone dares to actually go in lemme let u know that the stream crashes ALOT because the game refuses to load the game when the stream is on, so i have to run it when the song is up, cause streams crash it. have fun reading lmao 

~

"Why did you hurt yourself?" he asked. I froze in my place. (ow i backtrack just a little before i forget, i do chapters right after another and i forget stuff LMAO) "why?" he repeated himself. "i'm worthless to you both, i don't do shit in this house, other than just..mess around with my gun, or cook." I responded. "you are NOT worthless, Pico. Plus, you cook REALLY GOOD FOOD." He started. "i love you for who you are. You're kind. You actually cared, to be honest. Nobody cared, but then i met you. They all just thought i'm some stupid kid..i guess the kid part is reasonable, i am quite short.." he trailed off. I thought about his height for a moment. "You actually liked me, and for who i was. I just get kicked around. You're a strong person, Pico, and i know that. You saved Skid and Pump, you shot that..thing. Which im sure Pump and i saw in the attic just a week before you shot it.." he trailed off again, setting his mug to the side. I was stunned. People are idiots around here. Why would you hurt someone because they're short? fucked up.

"you survived a fucking SCHOOL SHOOTING, PICO. I know you're mentally strong, thats for sure, and you were like..im sure you were really young during that time- you can pull off alot of things. you wouldn't let something get to ya. I know that" he spoke. "THAT WAS IN THE PAST!" i yelled. "AND WHATEVER MISTAKES YOU MAKE BACK THEN, YOU LEARNED NOT TO MAKE THEM AGAIN, PICO. I KNOW THIS." his voice suddenly went quiet. "please, just stop. stop having these terrible thoughts about yourself, this isn't you. you have to stop worrying, ignore those thoughts and make with what you have now." he spoke. The door flew open. I looked over, and Pump was in the doorway. "STOP. ARGUING. YOU TWO JUST NEED TO REALIZE HOW THIS IS TEARING YOU APART." he yelled. I looked over, and saw his ruffled up hair. It seems as if he hadn't bothered to put the pumpkin on.

I was going to speak up, but I was cut off. "SOMETHING JUST LIKE THOSE THOUGHTS DONT DESERVE THAT MUCH HATE. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT YOURSELF, DOUBTING EVERYTHING, TELLING YOURSELF YOU'RE WEAK, AND STUPID, AND SCARED DOESNT CHANGE WHO YOU REALLY ARE, DAD." He yelled at me, and I was stunned. how did he even know..even maybe just the surface of this? "and how do you know this?" I asked, a deep tone in my voice. He was too young to be thinking these thoughts. "Skid tells me. i SUPPOSE, he worried like crazy, like if he was the reason his father left, does his mother not truly love him, is he just annoying to everyone, should he just leave this world? but no. I told him the opposite. He shouldn't die just because of these things. and if you start thinking the same thing, i'll tell you what I told him. DON'T DO IT. IT'S NOT WORTH IT, AND PEOPLE DO LOVE YOU." he yelled at me. I looked over at Keith, who was drinking his hot chocolate, and nodded. I looked back over at Pump. 

"we care about you, dad. can't you just set your worries aside, and just..try and be happy with what you have now? even for just a day?" he asked, stepping towards me. "yeah." keith spoke up, putting a hand on my shoulder. "be yourself for maybe just even a day. feel what it's like to really be you again. it may be nice to be you for once. you helped me with that." he spoke. I looked at Pump again, and he nodded. "i'm sorry." I apologized. Pump hopped up on the bed, and hugged me. I looked down at him, and he looked back up at me, smiling. I love it when he smiles. He's precious. I would never want him to get hurt. Especially Skid. I feel bad for him, having to deal with these thoughts at such an age. maybe has anxiety. I pat Pump's head. I'm lucky to have these two, honestly. Pump eventually let go, and so did I. "I'm going back to sleep. night." Pump yawned. "night, Pump." Keith and i spoke at the same time. He went back to his room. "you done?" i looked over at Keith, and he nodded, handing me the mug.

I went downstairs, and put it in the sink, coming back upstairs. I'll put everything away soon..eventually. I saw that Keith was now on his phone. I sat next to him, and put my head on his shoulder. "what are ya doin?" i asked. "digital drawing. i suck at it." he responded. a thought went through my head, but i shook it off. "May i see?" he nodded, and he handed me his phone. "its..us and Pump..stargazing. but I haven't finished everything. I'm just on the sketch." he said, as I gave his phone back to him. "honestly, all I can draw well is guns, honestly." Keith snickered. "yeah but I gotta color and shade everything." he said. "well, I say you draw pretty damn well." I complimented him. "t-thank you..i try my best.." he blushed. god, he's cute. 

"well, you shouldn't be doing it this late, it's one in the morning." I explained, looking at my phone. We never bothered to get clocks. Even pump agreed we shouldn't get any. "fine. but just because you got me hot chocolate." he sighed, setting his phone aside. "and?" I asked. "I love you." He laid down, and i did as well. I covered up us both with the sheets. he beckoned me over, so i snuggled up to him, and im pretty sure he startled to ruffle my hair around. I was near dead, my eyes were heavy, my throat burning from yelling. i felt bad for doing it, but it was a while ago. I eventually fell asleep.

Timeskip!

~

thats it! i'll make the next chapter as long as possible due to how i'm gonna make it. thanks for sticking around! it would have been out an hour earlier, but i kept getting distracted.