Season Of Hate

A/N:

This oneshot is based on an au (seasons au) created by grapefixh on Instagram.
Things to know before reading:
-Tom and Tord used to be best friends
-Tord is hopelessly in love with Tom
-Tord's body reacts badly to negative mental stimuli, which means bad thoughts + bad things said about him = internal bleeding and a lot of pain
-Tord has a cute, detachable hair accessory in the shape of some grapes and a leaf
-They both just need hugs

Ok A/N over uwu

-------------------------

The slam of a door echoed down the empty streets, footsteps pattering against the concrete one after another, unhindered by the constant fall of rain on the man's weakened body. An arm was already slung around his waist, the lack of support making him wobble unsteadily as he ran, yet he seemed unfazed by it.

After all, he wasn't trying to run well. He just wanted to run away.

"TORD, WAIT! YOU'RE GO-ing to catch a cold.."

The words never reached the other, Tord being long out of earshot through the pouring rain.

Edd's eyes never left the red jacket as it blended in with the houses Tord had been passing. His lips formed a thin line as the man finally turned a corner, Edd inevitably losing sight of him.

It didn't take long for his worry to translate to anger, the Brit swiveling on his feet, firmly planted on the ground with a scowl dead set on Tom.

"What the hell was that?! We come home to see you yelling at Tord and him running out the door and into the rain! What did you do to him?"

"It's not my fault! Tord's just being a crybaby, he'll come back eventually."

Tom's gaze was sharp as he glared back at Edd, hand settled down on the armrest of the sofa, unconsciously gripping the fabric rather tightly. Tension quickly grew between them, Edd staring holes into the other's skull while Tom stared at the TV with a scowl.

Barely any seconds of silence passed before Edd scoffed with a glare, spinning on his heel to boldly walk up the stairs. Each step made a loud yet muffled thud, leaving a confused Matt to grow concerned as he entered the room.

Edd had already disappeared down the hall, Matt's eyes soon wandering to the quiet, hunched over man sitting on the couch. Naturally, he walked over to his friend, Matt reaching out to gently place a hand on Tom's shoulder, resulting in the other lightly flinching.

"S-orry for startling you, Sweetie! I just wanted to ask if you're alright. You seem rather off.."

The ginger man had come closer to his friend, crouching down beside the sofa, looking up to meet Tom's tense gaze. Though, Tom slightly eased up at Matt's tone, his fingers releasing their forceful grip on the armrest.

He avoided eye contact with the man crouching beside him, feeling oddly pitied. Not that it was Matt's fault, it was in his nature to act as a nurturing mother, but he didn't feel right.
He didn't deserve Matt's kindness or concern.

--"You're such an asshole, Tom. I can't believe-"--

A frustrated groan slipped his lips as he sat back in the couch, letting his head gently hit the edge.

"I'm fine."

Tom's mouth hung open for a bit after he answered, subtly keeping his lips parted, preparing to add onto his words. Though, he closed his mouth with a blank expression, staring at the ceiling with an empty head. He wanted to open up, but he didn't want to talk anymore.