Hearts And Tokens

Tord sat on a bench. An ordinary bench in an ordinary park, staring at the shimmering water that reflected the sun's bright rays. Beautiful, the way the water rippled as the wind blew past, it made the sunlight sparkle.

It was later in the day, Tord having spent a good fifteen minutes admiring nature and waiting for time to crawl by.

It wasn't until the sun started descending that another person joined Tord on the bench. Blue came into Tord's vision, his head turning a bit to get a short glimpse of the man who'd taken a seat beside him.

The man wore a dark blue coat, a baby blue scarf wrapped around his neck. As it was early spring, Tord could understand the want for having his neck protected.

Fully black eyes looked out at the meadows in front, a soft smile tugging at his lips.

"Isn't it beautiful? Everything's so green, so fresh.."

Tord perked up, looking at the man beside him. A soft chuckle sneaking out, he couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"Yes, very much so. It seems as though everything is in reach, as if I could stretch my hand out and feel the light leaves hanging from that tree."

Both men's eyes landed on a tree in the distance, its leaves almost glowing with a green hue. The man in the scarf nodded, enjoying the sun's rays on his skin.

As the Norwegian man looked over the scene, his eyes landed on the other once more, now paying closer attention to his attire.

"I find your scarf to be very aesthetically pleasing. It seems to fit with your style. May I ask, is it a rare item?"

Pitch black eyes drifting over to meet silver, the man in the scarf nodded with a light giggle, his dainty hands lightly caressing the material around his neck and shoulders.

"Yes, I used up many tokens to acquire this item. As I did with my eyes..
You find them aesthetically pleasing, too?"

Pleasing? Tord found them to be more than simply pleasing. The man must've searched for a long time to find eyes that appeared as dark and mysterious as the night.

"I do! Black and blue go very well together, I've always found them to be quite a good mix. The midnight black pack must be hard to come by, or so I've heard."

Soft chuckling, light nodding accompanying the sounds, the man smiled warmly.

"I enjoy coming by rare things. I seem to have gotten lucky once more, as it is rare to meet someone with such good taste. The silver pack goes well with a nice, strawberry red. And I must say, that hairstyle resembling horns isn't one I've ever come across before. I rather like it."

Swiftly running a hand through the strands of hair, Tord flashed an appreciating smile at the other. It wasn't often where he'd get a compliment for his choice of appearance.

"Thank you! Your words mean a great deal, especially coming from someone who I can only assume to be a level H at least."

Black eyes falling half lidded, the unnamed man stared at the grass as he continued to stroke his scarf, humming sadly.

"Then, I can only assume, you're a few levels down?"

Pressing his lips together, Tord brought his right arm up, reading his statistics and checking his current level.

"Level L."

The two shared a sad aura, the atmosphere moving from pleasant to blue.

Sighing solemnly, the man soon let a soft smile crawl onto his lips, looking up to face Tord once more.