Fluffy blanket

Tom's pov

My bed was cold, the empty spot on the mattress making me sad. As a shiver ran down my spine, I decided to get up, pulling the fluffy sheet with me. Walking barefoot across the carpet, toes sinking into the fabric below me as I made it into the hallway.

The office door was opened slightly, warm, orange light flooding from it. As I pushed the door open, it made no sound, allowing me to silently peek inside at the desk.

The sound of tapping came from the keyboard, Tord sitting on the chair facing away from me. He ran his hands through his hair, letting out a soft sigh, before going back to typing on the computer.

"No, no... That sounds stupid."

I watched him erase an entire paragraph, taking a sip of his presumably cold coffee I had placed there hours ago. My feet quietly making their way towards my husband, a soft patter heard with every step.

"Why don't you come to bed, baby? You need some sleep."

I spoke with a gentle, calming voice, Tord turning around to look at me with a tired smile. He shook his head lightly, a light sigh emitting from his lips.

"I can't, elskede. I have to finish this chapter as soon as possible."

Always the same excuse. Though, it was obviously just a fault in his morals. Walking up to him slowly, I placed my arms around him lovingly, the blanket covering the two of us.

"Tordy, I know you want to sell this book. But if you're too tired to write correctly anyway, what's the point of staying up?"

He avoided my gaze, looking down at his story with calculating eyes. They seemed to droop, tiredly scanning the lines he's written. Moving out of the embrace, I sat on his lap and held his shoulders, our lips meeting in a soft kiss. He seemed to never want it to end, I felt the same way, though let my lips trail to his ear.

"The bed's cold without you, dear. Tomorrow's another day."

He paused, the fluffy blanket warming me up, as well as Tord's arms around my waist. Eventually, he stuffed his face into my neck, giving me soft kisses and nibbles, the touch making me giggle lightly. Tord pulled away, looking me in the eyes with a soft gaze. It made a smile tug at my lips, seeing his eyes half lidded with a face of love.

"You're right, min kjaere..."

Letting my head fall onto his shoulder, I nuzzled him lightly, enjoying the warm feeling of him loving me. We embraced for a while, before choosing to get up, Tord picking me up and dragging the blanket behind us. My legs were wrapped around his waist as he set me onto the bed, snuggling me while he draped the sheets over us, lazily slipping everything off but his boxers.

As his arms covered me in a soft embrace, sweet words filling my ears, the bed felt warm again. While Tord kissed my head, holding me close, the computer cursor blinked, eventually shutting off for the night.