Chapter 42

~Two weeks later, Friday~
                               -Harry-

Things with Daniel, Zayn and I had been going pretty well. Daniel had been behaving himself lately, and Zayn had been enjoying his new job.

Tonight, Danny would be staying at Niall and Melissa's with Elle while Zayn and I had an evening to ourselves.

Zayn and I didn't realise it was our one month anniversary until late that same night, so tonight would be sort of a redo.

As I came into consciousness, I realised Zayn was laying completely on top of me with his arms secured around me, and his head rested in my neck.

I frowned slightly, slowly turning my head to see the time. Danny hadn't come to wake us yet, which was a signal to me that he was up to something.

Either that, or sleeping late.

"Zayn, what're you doing?" I whispered, unable to move my arms.

"Zayn." I said louder, shaking myself to move him.

"Hm?" He grunted, lifting his head. I simply smiled at him, watching his eyes scan over me through the fringe that hung infront of them.

He slid his arms out from around me, and I lifted my hand, pushing his fringe out of his eyes.

"What're you doing?" I chuckled, seeing a faint blush on his cheeks.

"I had an awful dream." He said, getting off of me.

I waited for him to tell me about it, which was my mistake. He didn't say another word, and started getting dressed.

"Tell me about it, then." I eventually said, getting out of bed and getting dressed as well.

"You were gone." He said.

"Gone?"

Zayn nodded. "It was just Danny and me here. No trace of you at all. I had a terrible feeling...in my chest and I knew what had happened." He said, looking at the floor.

"It didn't, I'm right here." I chuckled, realising I was being a bit too casual about it when he looked at me.

"Zayn, I'm not going anywhere. You don't have to worry. We're never like, far apart. We work practically beside each other." I told him.

"Yeah, m'being foolish, I know." He chuckled at the floor.

"Well, not exactly. I'd go mad if anything happened to you." I said, looking in his eyes.

"Again." I added, the memory of his kidnapping coming back to me.

Zayn smiled at me a moment, until something behind me caught his eye.

"Morning lad." He said to Danny, who stood in our doorway biting his bottom lip.

"I don't want to go with Niall today." Danny said sadly.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I want to stay with you." He answered, walking over and hugging my legs.

"Me?" I smiled, touching his hair.

"Yeah." He said quietly.

I was receiving affection from Zayns of all sizes this morning.

I picked him up, kissing his cheek. "But Niall's fun, isn't he?" I asked, watching him look at Zayn.

"I guess." Danny sighed.

"You get to see Elle tonight." Zayn reminded him, leaning against me and sliding his arm around me.