Chapter 17

-Harry-

I stayed in my spot the entire time, watching the policemen and investigators walk in, and around. Niall was answering most of the questions, so I was left unnoticed.

I'd been chewing my nails the entire time, and had made it down to the skin. I kept picturing Zayn somewhere awful, and it was tearing me apart.

"Harry." Niall said, catching my attention.

I looked up at him, and he stood at the door next to an officer. He motioned for me to come over, and I eventually did so, feeling like I weighed a ton.

"Mr.Styles? What can you tell me about Zayn? What is your relationship towards him?" The officer asked me.

I swallowed, looking at Niall, and around the flat. I couldn't be here anymore. I wanted to go home, and to sleep. Hopefully when I woke, this would all be over, and have been nothing but a nightmare.

"Mr.Styles?" The officer repeated, trying to see in my eyes.

"There's...not a word to describe it. We're just....we're close." I said quietly before pushing past them and leaving.

I blinked the tears out of my eyes as I drove home, clearing my vision.

I didn't know what to think, or how to feel anymore. Actually, I didn't want to think, or feel anymore. I just wanted all of this to go away, and Zayn to come back.

I didn't understand.

My flat was dark as well, and I didn't bother turning any lights on as I made my way to the bedroom.

I pulled my outer layers off, leaving a shirt and my briefs on before flopping down into bed.

"Watch it." Louis spat, making me flinch. I never thought he'd come back and sleep in the same bed as me.

"I didn't know you were here." I mumbled, moving away from him. I got comfortable, thankful Louis had left me some of the duvet.

"What else is new?" He muttered.

I swallowed, squeezing my eyes shut and fighting back the sudden intake of breath that would let Louis know I was crying. I needed to calm down, and have faith in the authorities. They'd find Zayn, and he'd be perfectly alright.

"So...there's nothing else you'd like to say to me?" He asked expectantly.

"What do you want me to say? What can I say?" I asked, hating how my voice trembled.

"Are you crying?"

"Yes." I admitted, tired of lying.

Silence ruled the air for a long time, and I eventually heard him sigh.

Louis didn't speak another word, and I drifted off to sleep.

~The next morning~

I was on the line directly between conscious and unconscious when I heard Louis' voice. He was whispering alot of things, but only the end was clear to me.

"Goodbye Harry."

I felt him touch my cheek, and his lips brush against mine as a gentle kiss.

"Bye babe." I tried to say, the words coming out as an unclear mumble. I heard him leave for work, and I slipped back into unconsciousness.

When I woke up the second time, I fully awoke. I sat up, running my fingers through my hair and looking around the bedroom. The closet door stood open, and only my clothes hung inside. It looked too empty.