Chapter 34

-Zayn-

The moment anyone asked me to trust them again, I'd kill them right there.

Why should I trust anyone?

It wasn't supposed to happen this way.

I'd heard that too many times. Maybe if people quit thinking they could lie to me, and left me alone things wouldn't have to happen this way.

Anyone I ever loved, lied to me. Including Harry. He knew Perrie had a son, and he didn't say a word. A little warning would've been lovely.

At that moment, I corrected myself. I had a son. Not just Perrie.

I sighed heavily, holding my head in my hands and letting my shoulders slump.

After the scene at the cafe, I didn't know where to go. I ended up parked in a field just outside of the city, sitting ontop of the car.

It was quiet, and gave me plenty of time and space to think. The air wasn't frigid, and it seemed like every star was visible because of the lack of light.

It was the perfect place to get myself together, but I couldn't.

I couldn't get the image of that little boy out of my head. He looked just like me, and just like Perrie. He was perfect.

All I could see was him shaking, and crying as he looked at me like I was some sort of bloody monster.

I couldn't forget it, or ignore the pain it caused. It also intensified all my other emotions, driving me mad.

It was true, though. I was a monster.

But it sure as hell wasn't my fault.

~The next morning~

                     -Harry-

Sleeping alone was no fun. Waking up alone to an annoying alarm  was even less fun, especially when you'd only slept for a few hours. Fully dressed.

I was worried about Zayn, even though I tried to convince myself I wasn't.

I sighed, staring at where he should've been. He should've been sleeping next to me with messy hair and pursed lips. I smacked the alarm clock so I wouldn't have to hear anymore awful music, and considered shoving it to the floor.

As I pushed off of the bed and stood up, I ignored how dizzy I felt and took a deep breath.

I could smell eggs.

With a frown, I slowly exited the bedroom and walked into the kitchen where Zayn stood at the stove, scrambling eggs.

"Hey babe," I smiled, my entire spirit lifting at the sight of him here, and alive.

He didn't answer, continuing to move the eggs around the pan so they'd cook properly.

"Are you alright?" I asked, standing beside him. He wouldn't even look at me, and had that same emotionless expression on his face.

"Zayn please look at me, I know you want to talk about this." I said softly, watching him put the eggs on a plate, dropping a fork on there with them.

He salted them, dropping a piece of toast on the plate as well before shoving it into my hands.

I set it aside, grabbing him before he could leave.

"What did I tell you about touching me?" He hissed, jerking away and giving me a glare.

"Well Zayn, you've asked me to do so several times." I snapped before shaking my head and going back to the point.