Chapter 16

-Zayn-

I'd felt plenty of pain in my life, and heartbreak from loosing Liam, but I'd never felt anything quite like this. I didn't know how to feel.

I looked at him, staring into his eyes. He lay there tensed up like I had a gun to his chest. He had a slight frown on his face, and had begun to nibble at his bottom lip.

I pushed off of him, getting up and slowly walking towards the hall. My teeth were attached to my lower lip, and my chest felt heavy, and was starting to ache. I knew he didn't think this was anything serious, this was my fault. I shouldn't have said anything, or exposed any of my feelings in the first place.

"Zayn...um...I-I didn't-"

"Save it, yeah?" I chuckled, looking at him, fighting back a yell.

He had an such an idiotic expression on his face, and I wanted to punch it off.

"S'nothing, forget any of this ever happened." I muttered, walking to my bedroom door.

"Any of what-" He began, following me but keeping at a safe distance.

"Us" I spat before shoving my way into my room, slamming the door behind me.

There never was an us. He was with that ass of a fiancé he claimed he loved, and I was better off on my own. I didn't need that prick. Why would I say I loved him? I was such an idiot.

I crawled into bed, snuggling down in the duvet and trying to forget everything that'd happened between Harry and I.

He must've left, because I heard nothing but the sound of my heartbeat, and breathing.

I drifted off to sleep, with a frown carved into my face, and my head spinning.

~The next morning~

I came into the consciousness, hearing Niall talking nonstop. I didn't make the effort to understand what he was saying, getting that heavy feeling in my chest as reality hit me.

"Zayn? Were you really asleep?" Niall asked, the change in his voice pitch making me listen.

"Yeah." I mumbled, rubbing my forehead.

"Oh..sorry mate. Did I wake you?" He asked. I gave him a look, hoping he'd catch on and be able to answer his own stupid question.

"Sorry." He repeated with a grin. "Did you sleep well?"

"No." I muttered rolling onto my stomach with a sigh.

"Why?" He frowned.

"I don't know, full moon?"

He chuckled a little, and tousled my hair. "I'm sure you'll wake up if you go make some breakfast. You know, enough for two people." He said.

"Did you just touch my hair?" I asked, turning my head and looking at him.

He shrugged, chuckling again. "It was messed up anyway."

"Yeah, there's alot about me that's messed up." I said, staring past him and feeling hopeless.

"What happened?" He asked instantly, looking in my eyes.

I looked away from his stare, sighing heavily. "Nothing I want to talk about. Ever, okay?"

He watched me for a few moments, deciding his response.

"What did Harry do? I told him not to hurt you...are you alright?" Niall asked.