Chapter 24

-Zayn-

I awoke with a flinch, hearing the gunshot so loud and clear, feeling my heart pound.

I sat up, trying to catch my breath and looked around. I had no idea where I was, or if I was really free.

My stomach was growling, and my urge to smoke was getting stronger.

"Oh, hi." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked in the direction I heard it from, seeing Harry standing in the doorway to the toilet, combing his damp curls out of his eyes.

He was dressed, but lightly, only wearing jeans and a tank top.

He stopped, making eye contact. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"Where are we?" I asked, folding my arms and trying to keep warm. Where had my shirt gone?

Goosebumps crowded my skin.

"In a hotel. Niall and Liam are out doing a wash and getting breakfast." Harry informed me. I stared at him, having trouble acknowledging that it really was him.

It hadn't been that long since we'd last seen each other, but it felt like ages.

He looked thinner, much like myself.

"Have the police called?" I asked, my memory coming back. I'd shot David.

I'd killed him.

"No. Nothing's happened." He said shaking his head. He handed me a jumper, sitting infront of me and facing me.

I gladly put it on, sending my fingers through my tangled hair. I knew it was his jumper by the smell, and how baggy it was on me.

"I'm sorry." He spoke suddenly, looking at me.

I looked at him, feeling my heartbeat speed up from the sight of his eyes. They were still that deep green, and had more sparkle than ever it seemed like.

"For?" I decided to ask.

"For being an idiot. I missed you so much." He said, reaching and slipping his hand into mine.

I looked at our hands where they lay intertwined, and cursed my cheeks as I felt them get warm.

I swallowed, pulling away and folding my arms. "It's the past it doesn't matter anymore." I mumbled, focusing on anything but him.

"Zayn, I- "

"Haven't you got a fiancé to get home to?" I snapped at him, glaring in his direction. My sudden anger even surprised me, but I certainly didn't regret it.

"No. Louis left me Zayn. I told him the truth and he left. You were already gone when I came to tell you the truth." He said.

"What truth?" I asked, looking at him now. He was sure to make eye contact as he spoke.

"That I love you too." He said, pulling my hands into his again.

"S'a little late for that, don't you think?" I asked coldly, jerking away. I wanted to accept that statement, but something was keeping me.

I sighed, sliding away from the headboard, towards him and planning to get out of bed. 

He suddenly grabbed my upper arms, using enough force to land me on my back, holding me still and only halting his movements when he was inches from me.

"You said that the same night that we shagged but that was still one of the best nights of both of our lives." He said quietly, staring down into my eyes.