Chapter 12

-Harry-

I blinked my eyes open, wincing from the throbbing in my head. I fought to remember what I'd done last night, and why I could smell Zayn's cologne.

The other side of the bed was empty, which slightly frightened me until I saw the picture of Louis and I on the night table. I was home.

After I sat up, I looked around and my eyes landed on Louis, who was sat at the end of the bed smiling, holding a cup of water and two advil pills.

"You're finally awake." He said. He wasn't wearing a shirt, but was wearing a pair of my sweatpants, and his hair was damp.

"What happened?" I asked, keeping still out of fear.

I remembered having a rather, intense snogging session with Zayn, but couldn't remember if Louis knew.

"I'd like to know." He chuckled, handing me the water and pills.

Could he hear my thoughts?

"I don't remember anything." I said before taking the advil and sipping some of the water. It was tepid, which made me slightly nauseous.

"You smell good again." He stated, staring at me.

"Um, thanks." I chuckled softly, looking away from his stare.

"Yeah. Just like Zayn." He continued, never taking his eyes off of me.

"Lou, listen i-"

"Why'd you lie to me?" He asked.

"I didn't lie, and nothing happened I promise." I said, looking in his eyes.

What did he know?

"I didn't ask if anything happened. You lied to me when you said it was all you. Why? What did you do that night?" He demanded.

I tried to process all of this and his words slammed into my headache, making what I wanted to say, and my ability to keep calm vanish. The only emotion that escaped was anger, and it was strong.

"Look, I didn't do anything okay? You should trust me. If you don't, I don't particularly care right now. Get out of my face." I warned, glaring at him.

He raised his eyebrows, giving me an oh really look.

"Louis, my head hurts I just woke up, leave me alone." I sighed laying back down and putting my cup on the night table. I felt a bit mean for snapping at him that way.

"I...think we should go on a date." He said quietly.

I frowned, feeling even more irritated. "What?"

"Nothing." He said quickly.

I sat back up and gave him a confused, and annoyed look. It was much too early for this rubbish. 

"What're you babbling on about?" I asked.

"I'm....I miss when we used to go on dates. I'm ignoring all this other stuff, and...letting the cologne thing slip. I just want us to be okay." He said, giving me a desperate look.

"What's wrong with you? We're fine. I don't really think that, like, now is the best time for us to discuss our relationship." I muttered flopping back down and covering my face with another pillow.

"I'm sorry." I heard him say.

I hated when he did this. As soon as I gained courage to stand up to him, and express my anger he got quiet, and shy acting like he hadn't meant any harm or I was being hateful. It drove me mad.