Chapter 45

~Friday~

                             -Harry-
"Harry, why have I got to stay with Niall and Melissa tonight?" Daniel asked after drinking a bit of his after-cereal milk from his bowl.

"Because your daddy and I are going out to dinner." I said, looking at the clock and realising I needed to go wake Zayn.

"Why?" Daniel asked.

"Because...we'd like to." I shrugged.

"I can make you dinner, I know how to make a sandwich," Daniel told me.

"Except I'd have to use my fingers cos daddy won't let me use a knife by myself." He explained.

"No, thank you anyway but we'd like to go out and just, have a nice...grownup dinner." I said.

He frowned to himself a moment, instantly coming up with another option.

"But I can be grownup, I'll wear my dress shirt and trousers. I'll even put my tie on myself." Daniel said, looking up at me.

"Lad, daddy and I are going out." I chuckled. "We'll see you afterwards, yeah? How about," I began, smiling and leaning down to him, holding his shoulder.

"After we get back home, we stay up late and play superheroes and villains?" I asked, knowing that was one of his favourite games to play.

Of course, he made it up.

His eyes sparkled, and he grinned. "Yeah." He nodded excitedly.

"Okay. I'll go wake your daddy, he'll get ready, then we'll leave, alright? Go wait on the couch." I told him.

He nodded again, hopping down from his chair and running off to the living room.

I put his bowl in the sink before walking to the bedroom, and to Zayn's side of the bed. He was still sleeping heavily, which made me reluctant to wake him.

I sat on the bed, rubbing his shoulder gently, and speaking to him.

"We've got to get this day over with, we've got a date tonight." I smiled.

He didn't move, but opened his eyes and glared at me. I ignored how dark they appeared to be, and the memories their colour caused.

"Hi." I grinned.

He pulled the duvet over his head, muttering a few words I couldn't understand.

"Zayn, c'mon. Danny and I are ready. Put one of your little outfits on, do your hair, and let's get going." I teased, patting his back.

"M'not in the mood, Harry." Zayn warned me. If I'd listened to his warnings, we wouldn't be together.

"C'mon grumpy." I said, pulling the duvet back off of him.

He sat up quickly, giving me another sharp glare. "I'm serious, leave me alone." He snapped at me before laying back down and jerking the duvet back over his head.

"What's wrong?" I sighed.

"I haven't had a cigarette in almost a week. I'm in the mood to break bones at the moment Harry, don't touch me." He growled.

"That sounds more like plain violence than a craving, to me." I commented, not the least bit frightened by him. He'd never hurt me on purpose.

"Turns out they go hand in hand." He spat, huffing as he fought his way out of bed and stomped off to the toilet.

I chuckled to myself, getting up and going to wait with Daniel in the living room.

Zayn didn't take too long to get ready, and entered the living room wearing a jacket I'd never seen before.