Chapter 47

~Monday morning~
                             -Zayn-
I came into consciousness with Harry ontop of me, covering my face and neck in small, soft kisses. He seemed to be enjoying himself, so I let him continue for a while, before I opened my eyes.

"Hi." He smiled, the way his hair hung down on either side of his head creating some sort of private space for us.

The morning sun was irritatingly bright, but it allowed me to see his smile.

I smiled back at him, looking at his lips and lifting my hand to his hair.

"Your son starts school today." He smirked at me.

I gave him a look, placing my hand over his face and pushing until he rolled off of me.

"Don't remind me." I sighed, sitting up and listening to him chuckle. "There's nothing wrong with it, he's growing up." Harry said.

"So am I. That's the problem." I said, getting out of bed.

"You are? You still seem quite small to me." Harry teased.

"You're pushing it this morning, aren't you curly?" I said, more than asked.

"Don't make plans for Friday, okay?" Harry spoke up before I left the room.

"Why not?" I asked, looking back at him. As if I ever made plans. Having a five year old son kind of restricted me from doing so.

"It's a surprise." He smirked.

"Alright." I chuckled to myself, going to wake Daniel. He was excited to get up this morning, and practically jumped out of bed. He kept moving around while I helped him into his uniform, which made that whole process longer than it needed to be.

"Daddy, I can tie my own shoes." Daniel said as I began to tie them for him. He could, but it took him fifteen minutes with my occasional help.

"I know." I mumbled, finishing. I finally let him go, looking him over.

He wore a white polo shirt beneath his grey school uniform jumper, along with black uniform shorts, grey socks and black uniform shoes.

I pulled the collar of his polo shirt out, folding it down over the collar of his jumper before patting his shoulders, and standing up.

"Daddy, where will you be while I'm in school?" Daniel asked as I retrieved his Superman backpack.

"At work, like always." I said, steering him out of his bedroom.

Daniel rushed through his breakfast, although I told him not to.

"M'done daddy, let's go." He told me, pushing his cereal bowl away. A good amount of milk sloshed over onto the table, causing him to pause.

His eyes jumped from the spill, to Harry, to me.

"Oops." He smiled sheepishly, reaching for the spill with his sleeve.

"No, no I'll get it, go get your things and wait for us." I said, quickly grabbing his arm before his sleeve touched the spill.

I helped him from his chair, letting go of his arm after both feet touched the floor.

When we got to Daniel's school, he was struggling to see all he could out of the car window.

"Alright, we'll be back in a bit." I sighed to Harry, opening the car door.

"I'll be coming in too, I don't want to miss this." Harry said, looking at me.

I smiled slightly, and Harry chuckled quietly.

"Okay, c'mon then." I smiled, getting out.

Daniel walked between Harry and I, holding Harry's right hand, and my left hand.