Chapter 13

-Harry-

As I drove home, my mind was racing. I was debating picking up wine, or anything to make Louis  forgive me. Maybe I could fake car trouble, or say I got lost on the way back from Zayn's new flat.

He'd never believe me. How could I have gotten so distracted? The first real date Louis and I decide to have after I proposed almost two years ago, and I messed it up.

I felt almost nauseous as I walked up to our flat door, worried he'd be standing there glaring at me.

I winced, slowly opening the door, seeing no lighting other than the lamp on the end table next to the couch. The living room was empty, and a pillow and blanket lay on the couch, waiting for me.

"Lou? I'm so sorry babe..." I called, walking to our bedroom. I tried to open the door, but it'd been locked.

"Louis can we talk please? I'm really sorry I feel awful believe me." I said, leaning against the door.

"No you don't." He scoffed.

"I do! Lou, I just lost track of time, let me make it up to-"

"What were you doing that you lost track of time?" He snapped.

"Nothing! I...was just helping Zayn unpack, and we lost track of time. It's still early...the night's young. Can we still like...go on a date?" I asked.

"I don't want to go anywhere with you." He said coldly.

"Louis let me in, I want to see you." I said, twisting the doorknob.

"No, if you really wanted to see me you wouldn't have been late! I don't want to be around you Harry. You're not allowed in here." He said sharply.

"Not allowed?" I frowned.

"No! I don't want you near me. I know you smell like that prick, and I just know you got distracted because of him. There's no telling what you've done with him! I left a place for you on the couch Harry. I'm done talking to you!" He yelled.

"But...Louis! I haven't done anything! We were unpacking and talking! I love you okay? I don't want to sleep on the couch I want to cuddle with you." I said, sounding whiny.

No answer.

I waited a moment, trying to think of what to say.

"I...I love you." I said quietly, leaning closer to the door.

I sighed heavily, giving up and shuffling over to the couch. I plopped down, looking at the ceiling in thought.

I wasn't anywhere near tired, and since Mr.Green had changed my schedule again, I didn't have to work tomorrow either. What was I going to do?

Going back to Zayn's was my first idea, but I hesitated. Would Louis even care?

I didn't care. I was going to Zayn's. I'd rather sleep there, not here on the couch.

I got back up, zipping my coat up further before turning the lamp off and exiting the flat. I decided I'd surprise Zayn with my return, and hope he wouldn't mind.

"What're you doing back here?" He asked with a slight frown after answering the door.

"Well, Louis doesn't want anything to do with me so-"

"So you come running back to me?" Zayn asked folding his arms.

"Um, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine Harry." He chuckled, smiling at me. He let me in, helping me out of my coat in a tender way.