Chapter 36

~The next morning~

                      -Harry-

I never really dreamt about children crying, so when I heard a child crying, I realised it wasn't a dream.

It was Daniel.

I opened my eyes, blinking until they focused properly. Zayn was still sleeping, and I was trapped beneath him.

Somehow, I managed to shift my position and get up, Zayn simply rolling off.

I wasted no time getting to the bedroom, and to Daniel. "What's wrong lad?" I asked, sitting next to him. I reached over and jerked my alarm clock out of the wall so it would shut up, realising that's what had woken Danny.

He crawled into my lap, and I held him tightly as his crying quieted.

"It's alright. Just an alarm." I said softly, rubbing his back.

"I know they can be, alarming." I smiled to myself.

"Why did it m-make so much noise?" He asked, sitting back a bit and looking at me.

"It's to tell me to get up, so I can get ready for work." I explained.

Daniel crawled out of my lap, looking over the side of the bed where the alarm clock lay.

"Did you break it?" He asked, sitting back down on the bed and looking at me. 

"Possibly." I said with a shrug.

"Is daddy going to be angry with you?" He asked.

I smirked. "He might."

I knew Zayn longed to smash that bloody alarm clock. He wouldn't be angry if I broke it. He'd take pleasure in breaking it some more.

"What'll he do?" Daniel asked quietly, watching me.

"Dunno." I smiled, stretching out lengthwise and laying my head down.

"Will he punish you?" He asked.

I stared at the ceiling, honestly a bit ashamed of myself because of the thoughts that emerged in my head from his question.

"No." I answered.

"Daddy doesn't like the alarm clock." I added with a smile, letting my inappropriate thoughts fade away. They weren't gone, just filed away for another time.

"Why not?" Daniel asked.

"He doesn't like getting up." I replied.

"Where is he?" He asked.

I smirked again, getting an idea. "He's sleeping on the couch. D'you want to go wake him up?" I asked sitting up.

"But, you said daddy doesn't like getting up." Danny frowned slightly.

"He'll be alright." I smiled, getting to my feet.

"C'mon." I said, letting him walk ahead of me as we walked into the living room.

Daniel stopped a good distance from Zayn, watching him.

"Go on, jump on the couch and wake him up." I whispered, smiling.

Daniel looked hesitant, remaining by my side. I crouched to his height.

"Are you sure he won't get angry?" He whispered, looking at me.

I nodded. "It's alright."

He slowly crept over to the couch, leaning close to Zayn and looking over his face. As I watched Daniel observe, and occasionally poke his father, I felt like I was watching some sort of science fiction film.