Chapter 5: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing.

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to my Grandfather Bob Begley who served in the U.S. Military. And also to my Uncle John Massad who served in the Air Force during the First Persian Gulf War. 

The Ministry of Magic. The heart and soul of the Wizarding World in Great Britain. Behind Hogwarts, and Diagon Alley of course. When Ethan Bauer stepped out of the Fire Place he could see long dark corridors and Wizards walking in and out of the Ministry. It looked like one of those large city crowds. The kind you would see in New York City. 

This place was huge to Ethan. He just couldn't believe it how big it was. Definitely a lot bigger, and darker than Ethan originally thought to be honest. Time to find the Magical Law Enforcement Office. Sightseeing later.

That was when a big tall guy Ethan didn't recognize walked in front of him. His name was Eric Munch to be exact.

"Halt." Munch ordered.

"Ugh." Ethan groaned. He remembered now. People like Eric Munch were those random security guards like the ones you would find at a Border Crossing to make sure they weren't carrying weapons.

"Wand." Munch handed out his hand.

Ethan gave Munch his wand. "Just don't snap it."

Munch took the wand like it was on Inspection like what Ollivander would do. "Let's see. An Eleven and 1/4 Inch ebony wand with dragon heartstring core. Been in use 2 years." He inspected.

"Yeah, my last wand got broken by Rakepick." Ethan replied. He didn't like to be reminded of that.

"Credentials?" Munch asked.

"Credentials?" Ethan asked. Dumbledore told him that they would get them at the Ministry. 

"Oh, wait. I know who you are. You're part of the Hogwarts Group. Ethan Bauer, if I recall." Munch gave Ethan back his wand.

"You know who I am?" Ethan asked.

"How could I not? Your father was one of our most dedicated Aurors." Munch explained. "...I'm sorry for your loss." 

"Thank you." Ethan replied. "Now about my credentials..." 

"The other Hogwarts Students already received their credentials and have been assigned to their roles. And received their proper badges because they were on time." Munch continued. 

Ethan started to speak up but Munch held out his hand.

"However. I was informed by both Auror Moody and Professor Dumbledore that you might be late." Munch handed him a badge and credentials.

Ethan looked confused. Did Dumbledore know that Moody wanted to talk to Ethan at Hogsmeade?

"Proceed to the All Purpose Room." Munch pointed to the door way. "You'll find what you need there."

"Thank you." Ethan replied.

Ethan proceeded down the hallway and he bumped into Bill and Arthur Weasley. 

"Mr. Weasley?" Ethan asked.

"Ethan. My boy, it's good to see you. We heard that you were alongside our son in working for the Ministry." Arthur greeted.

"Yeah, I got held back by Eric Munch." Ethan explained.

One look and both Arthur and Bill understood. "Don't fret about it. Eric Munch has always been a man of few words. I can't imagine he'll be anything but a Watch Wizard." Bill replied.

"But enough about him. Welcome to the Ministry of Magic." Arthur declared.

"Thanks. So do you know where the Department of Magical Law Enforcement is?" Ethan asked.