Chapter 84: Pain and Torment.

"There is no despair so absolute as that which comes with the first moments of our first great sorrow, when we have not yet known what it is to have suffered and be healed, to have despaired and have recovered hope." -George Eliot.

It was as if all things had suddenly stopped at once. Ethan looked at Trotsky. "What happened that day?" He asked. 

"Ethan." Dumbledore started to say, but Trotsky cut him off. 

"Enough." Trotsky interrupted. "You've kept your secrets long enough. Frankly, I'm just shocked that you didn't tell the brothers what had happened. But now it's time to let the skeletons out of the closet." He declared. 

"What is this?" Jacob asked. 

"Here we go." Greyback commented like it was his favorite T.V Show.

"I'll tell you what happened? Better yet. Show you." Trotsky declared taking out a Skull-Hookah. He then took out his wand to project an vision. 

The scene through the smoke showed an image of an Auror fighting off against 2 Death Eaters.

"Dad?" Ethan asked recognizing the Auror. 

The Death Eaters then struck at Daniel knocking him to a wall. 

Daniel struggled to get up. 

"Where's the Potter Boy?" One of the Death Eaters asked. 

"I'm not telling you, bloody crap. Now Piss off." Daniel hissed. 

"Crucio!" The Death Eater shot the torture curse on him. 

Ethan just looked at the scene shaking his head. 

Daniel experienced a new feeling of pain within him. 

"Wrong answer." The Other Death Eater told him. "Fletcher. We still need him to talk." She said. 

"Quite right, Isabella." The Death Eater known as Fletcher Snyde released Daniel. "You'll decide when the pain ends when you tell us where Harry Potter is." 

"Even if I did know. I wouldn't tell you." Daniel replied. 

"Crucio!" Fletcher shot again. Daniel was hit again. "It required a lot of effort to hunt you down, Daniel Bauer. Our Death Eaters are in hiding because of that boy." Fletcher explained. 

"Iosef Trotsky thought we should go into hiding. But we can't live in hiding for Merula. I refuse to let it happen. Now. You can tell us where Harry Potter is, and we'll all go home safe and sound." Isabella offered.

"And what are you going to do with the boy? Kill him?!" Daniel roared.

"Yes." Fletcher answered. "One baby is worth nothing compared to the Wizarding World." 

"This coming from the Father of a girl who's the same age as my youngest." Daniel shot back. 

"This is different." Isabella pointed out. "Now you can tell us where Harry Potter is, or you can submit yourself to further pain." 

Daniel spat at her. "There's my answer to you." 

"Crucio." Isabella shot the curse at Daniel. 

"I have to admit. I'm a patient man, but even I have my limits." Fletcher explained. "I mean. I have to wait for Merula to prove herself worthy of being a Snyde for this long. Now I'm going to ask you. One last time. Where is Harry Potter?" He asked. 

"He's in a place where you'll never find him. Good luck, you Son of a Bitch." Daniel answered. 

Isabella looked at Fletcher. "Clearly, this was a waste of time." Fletcher declared. He looked at Daniel. And with no regret whatsoever. He took his wand. And he pointed it at Daniel. "Avada Kedavra!"