Chapter 31: Moment of Peace.

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life." -Omar Khayyam.

And now there was a trial for a potentially Dark Wizard that Ethan was not too thrilled about. He wondered what could possibly happen next. Whatever it was had to just be another day  in his life or however the phrase went. He went back to Hogwarts and was sitting by the fountain of the Front Courtyard. A part of his face was in pain again. But Madam Pomfrey had told him that the pain was normal. It was late afternoon by the time Ethan was looking at the fountains water. 

That was when Ethan also noticed Penny walking up to him. She approached Ethan in her usual style. A denim jacket, yellow skirt. Or rather the style she started wearing in her 7th year.

"Hey Penny." Ethan greeted still staring at the water.

"You okay?" Penny asked knowing that Ethan had a look of concern. "You looked concerned about something. Was it Umbitch again?"

"Nope. It's about that product of Xeep. She was using it for R's purpose." Ethan answered.

Penny wasn't surprised. "I knew that Opera Diva was up to no good." She muttered.

"You did?" Ethan asked.

"Trust me Ethan. Divas are always up to no good. Remember that girl, Emily Tyler?" Penny asked.

"The one who made fun of Bill Weasley?" Ethan asked. He sort of remembered that. "Wait a sec. Didn't you pull the tongue twist hex on her after she read Ismelda's Diary?"

Penny laughed. "Yeah. I don't care it got me detention in 4th year. That horrible girl had no right to read Ismelda's personal information." She pointed out.

"You got a lot of detention in 4th year." Ethan reminded.

"And your point is?" Penny asked.

"No, I'm just saying." Ethan replied. He sighed. "Penny. Something's happened. It involves the Japanese Wizard Assassin. The Ministry is putting him on trial. Something about making sure he stays in Azkaban or something." 

Penny looked stunned. "Well, that's big."

"And they also want me to testify against him." Ethan added.

"Are you sure that's a good idea for you to testify?" Penny asked raising an eyebrow. "What if R tries to do something?"

"Ryder says it shouldn't be a problem. Though... I was a little concerned you may try to keep your distance, afterwards." Ethan answered.

"Why's that?" Penny asked.

"When I interrogated him with Mad Eye in Year 6. The Assassin said something about me joining R. Maybe even taking Trotsky's place as Leader." Ethan admitted.

"What a load of Abraxan crap." Penny replied. "There's no way that's going to happen. You join R. You saw what they did to me... Okay you didn't see, but the point is..."

"After killing Rowan and taking you Prisoner. I'm not joining R." Ethan agreed. 

Penny decided to change the subject. "So, when is the trial?" She asked.

"Not till a week at the most." Ethan answered. "Sometimes I wish I could just let go of it for just one night." He looked at Penny as he said it. "Penny... I was wondering if-"

"Yes." Penny immediately answered. 

"You know I... didn't ask you what to do yet, right?" Ethan asked.

"I knew what you were going to ask." Penny smirked as she said that.

"Are you a Legillemens in secret?" Ethan asked a little concerned.