A long term fix

Once they'd seen enough of the stars, both of them did eventually go to sleep.

Y/n dragged herself back over to the couch with the blanket wrapped tightly around her, where she then slumped onto the sofa and hugged the corner of the blanket until she fell asleep.

Where wanda laid, she was still able to get a view of the stars, so she tucked herself under the covers and imagined the life she could've had with someone like y/n if she hadn't acted the way she did in west view.

Wanda was very certain that y/n wasn't completely over what had happened, and she constantly reminded herself that y/n couldn't possible love her back after what she did. But from y/n's point of view, wanda wasn't a monster. She wasn't a villain, a criminal, or a psycho, she was just broken. And broken things can be fixed.

When the moon retreated, paving the way for the sun to make its entrance, wanda woke up in her bed. Of course, she still hadn't had the perfect sleep, but she did manage to have one nice dream between all of the nightmares.

The dream featured her and y/n as the snow fell down onto the roof of the cabin. It was wintertime in the dream, and the area surrounding them was perfect for the winter. She woke up beside y/n on the warm bed, her arms wrapped around her waist as the two snuggled under the covers. They were close to each other, so close that they could feel each other's breath on their skin, and it was delightful. Wanda opened her eyes to see y/n sleeping soundly beside her, enjoying the comfort of her warm embrace. But, just as she was about to kiss y/n's forehead to wake her up, she was jolted into a nightmare once again. However, it didn't remove the fact that she felt so alive when waking up next to y/n.

But it was only a dream, so out of reach and far from reality - she thought - but she didn't consider that those dreams were also shared by y/n.

When she actually woke up in the morning, alone in her bed, she cleared her throat and headed to the kitchen to make herself a coffee.

As she thought y/n would've still been asleep, she didn't think about making her one until she stepped out of her door to see her guest sitting up on the sofa.

She was hunched over, her hand gently tracing around the wound on her leg. Her attention was so focused on the wound that she didn't notice wanda was there, nor did she feel her stare.

Wanda paused, standing in the hallway, and furrowed her brow with worry, "Something wrong?"

She was slightly startled by the other voice, but it wasn't too noticeable. She turned quickly to see wanda before returning her attention to the cut on her leg, "i just... I must've slept on it funny, but this cut is killing me today."

"Well, since you're staying for longer, I suggest we properly fix it." Wanda called over, leaning against the door frame.

With her breath hitched, y/n removed her leg from the uncomfortable position it was in and leant back on the sofa. She cracked her knuckles out of habit while hearing wanda search for something, "and by 'fix' you mean...?"

"Sew it up." She finished it for her, reaching her hand round into the cupboard beside the door to grab a box of medical supplies.

"Right." She nodded to herself, "i just had to make sure."

Wanda took the box of medical supplies and made her way over to the sofa. Y/n pushed herself into a sit to make room for wanda on the floor below her, groaning when her movement irritated the cut.

While being cautious of her leg, wanda crouched down on the floor in front of the couch and placed the medical box beside her on the rug.

Y/n watched wanda rustle through the box with a worried feeling, "do you know what you're doing?"

Shaking away the urge to giggle, wanda replied, "do you not trust me?"

"No, I do." She corrected her, "i just don't know how well your surgical skills are."

"I assure you, they're good enough to fix this wound." She nodded with a smile, setting up a row of the tools she was going to be using.

Again, y/n tried to make herself more comfortable on the couch while keeping her leg as straight as she could. She had a high pain tolerance, but she didn't like needles, or a sharp concentrated jab anywhere on her body.

Before she began, wanda warned her, "This might sting."

Y/n closed her eyes tightly, preparing herself for the sting. However, when she felt the light feeling of what she thought was the needle on her skin, she let out a breath, "that's not so bad."

"I haven't used the needle yet." She mumbled.

"Oh." She nodded, closing her eyes again.

Without any further warning, wanda poked the needle through as gently as she could, receiving a groan from y/n. Even though she knew it was going to sting, wanda tried to be as careful as she could as she sutured it up.

"Why don't you tell me a story to distract yourself from the pain?" Wanda suggested.

"A story?" She asked through her huffs.

"It can be anything." She shrugged, still sewing the wound.

"Okay." She sighed and began thinking. When the idea came into her head, she chuckled slightly, "my brother had this friend who I really liked. I must've been about 14 years old, his friend was 16. His name was Kyle, that should've been my first red flag."

Wanda chuckled softly to herself while she listened. An excited feeling grew over her as she realised she was going to get to know more about y/n.

"I fought so hard to make him like me." She almost cringed as she recalled the story, "like, I thought I needed him to be my boyfriend so badly. Anyway, after some time, he finally gave in and we started dating. Literally on the second week of us dating, I realised... wow, I am so incredibly gay."

Even though wanda had suspicions, the confirmation of her sexuality made her smile. She glanced up to look at her, but y/n was focused on something else while telling the story. Instead of looking away right then, wanda stared at her excited face with a smile on her own.

"I don't think I ever told him the reason why I broke up with him, he probably thinks I just got bored. But I love that story." She smiled, "I cant describe every detail, so it sounds boring-."

"No, don't worry, I can see how you find that story funny." She cut her off to assure her.

A smiled lingered on y/n's face as she looked down to watch wanda. She watched the way her eyes scanned every area on the wound in case it was a problem, the way her fingers gently moved against her leg to make sure the needle wasn't hurting too much, or the way she held her breath for a few moments when poking the needle through the skin as if she'd be able to feel the sting as well.

"This areas sore, take a breath." Wanda quickly told her.

"Wha-." Before she could finish asking, wanda poked the needle through the sore area on her skin, causing her to wince and groan loudly, "HOLY-." She dropped her head back and suppressed her groan, "fuck sake."

While threading the sterilised needle through her skin, she smiled softly at her reaction, "you're doing great."