482

482 A True Battle Royale
Previous
Index
Book
Next
In the outer space of planet Qiming, a fleet of large starships was slowly moving. The fleet was mainly composed of cargo ships. Of course, there were also escort ships and destroyers on the surrounding them. The cargo ships were not holding army personnel or army supplies, but all the military academy participants of the mecha battle royale instead. Ling Lan and the others from the First Men's Military Academy were amongst those people.

Of course, a single cargo ship didn't house only one military academy; there were at least 20 military academy teams within one. In the cargo ship that Ling Lan and were in, there were four military academies squeezed together.

This also made the atmosphere in the cargo hold very tense. Four academies, each holding a corner, all taking precautions against each other.

All the members of the First Men's Military Academy were in a sharp battle formation. Taking point was Qiao Ting's 24 man battle team with mecha that all had the same color, looking at the other three military academies menacingly. This was also the biggest reason why the atmosphere in the cargo hold was so tense.

Behind Qiao Ting's battle team, there were special-class mechas which protected both flanks that had Han Yu leading the Wuji battle team and Mu Shaoyu leading the Tianji battle team with one on either side.

In the middle of this protective zone between these three teams were ten cargo mecha holding all the different types of supplies that belonged to them, as they didn't have any large weapons. Additionally, they had already distributed a large portion of the supplies and weapons before boarding the ship. Using ten of the cargo mecha for the rest of the supplies was more than enough.

Even more so, after Chang Xinyuan and the other genius mecha engineers had altered the transport mechas, the weight they could hold was increased to more than twice the original amount; thus, these 10 transport mechas were not only just transports used for logistics, but also weaponized mechas that had firepower. This made it so that the participants of the First Men's Military Academy did not waste a single mecha operator in terms of logistics—they really managed to make it so the whole clan could all fight together.

Furthermore, Ling Lan had taken the rest of the clan members to the backline. At a glance, it could be seen that other than a few advanced mechas mixed in, the rest were all special-class mechas. Having this much power, the other three military academies that only had advanced mechas became fearful of them.

And it was in this tense atmosphere that Ling Lan's little team was video chatting in a relaxed manner.

"Actually, I still haven't figured it out. Aren't they just taking us to where the large map was? Why would they need such a large fleet?" asked Chang Xinyuan. He was finally able to ask the question that he was puzzled by. Obviously, transportation within the planet surface would be faster than travelling through space. The cost was also lower. Why would the host choose such a difficult way over an easy one?

"Who knows, maybe they want us to know what it's like to be in a real cargo starship," Luo Lang guessed without a care in the world.

"It can't be that simple!" Han Jijyun didn't think that was the case. "When we knew that we were to board a starship, I was already thinking about why the host party had done this..."

"Then did you find out anything?" Qi Long asked curiously. He had always trusted Han Jijyun regarding these kinds of matters that tested one's intelligence.

Han Jijyun shook his head regrettably. "I don't know... or rather, I can't make out a reliable answer." Han Jijyun still thought there was something to this arrangement, but it was as if there was a haze covering the answer, making him unable to see it clearly. He didn't want to give up and so asked Li Lanfeng, "Senior Feng, what are your thoughts about it?"