540

540 Ambush?
Previous
Index
Book
Next
One member from Leiting had been eliminated. They didn't panic after receiving news of this, however; they knew that Ling Lan was the strongest in Lingtian. It was normal that their team members would not be able to fight him and natural that they would lose one or two of their members. Leiting had already known what was going to happen before they got to Xie Yi's location.

At that moment, a Leiting mecha was quickly flying past a rocky mountain formation towards Lingtian No.1's location. This pilot didn't know that a mecha was lying in wait just on top of the rocks.

"Who's the guy with the balls to actually walk over my head?" Qi Long looked up at the mecha that flew over him, following which he speedily shifted the beam gun on his mecha's right hand to lock on to the opponent. He naturally didn't forget to check the opponent's data and information beforehand.

"Beep, beep. Information received. ID: Leiting No.1!" The optical supercomputer responsibly relayed the information that it had searched and found.

"Leiting No.1?" Qi Long instantly became excited. He hadn't expected that he would finally have a huge fish take the bait after he had laid there for so long.

"Qi Long, let him pass." Right at that moment, Ling Lan's cold and sharp voice rang in the team commlink channel.

"Ah? Ugh… roger." Qi Long was immediately dumbfounded at hearing Ling Lan's words right when he was about to make a move; however, even if Qi Long didn't understand Ling Lan's orders, he would still follow them. He ceased locking on to the enemy and watched as Leiting No.1 flew out of his line of sight.

"Boss, I really want to fight that Leiting No.1," Qi Long said regrettably. After all, Leiting No.1 was the strongest individual in Leiting. Before the battle had begun, Qi Long actually hoped that he could fight with Leiting No.1. Unfortunately, his boss had other plans and didn't give him that opportunity.

"It wouldn't be meaningful if you fought him, but Xie Yi needs the experience," explained Ling Lan.

Qi Long's expression showed that he understood, "So, Boss, you mean that we're going to use this chance to let Leiting No.1 help us detonate the dark energy being held back by Xie Yi?"

"Yes. Because of the opponent, Xie Yi's guard won't be too strong. Once he has thoughts of becoming stronger or winning, there'll be an opportunity for that dark energy to seep out." Ling Lan didn't know what condition Xie Yi would end up in if he were controlled by the dark energy and she was very interested in knowing the outcome.

Not everyone was lucky like Leiting No.1, deliberately given a pass. Ling Lan's target had always been Leiting No.1. As for the others, she didn't meddle with her team members' decisions. The same situation was playing out at a different corner of the map.

When a few of Leiting's mechas passed by the hidden mechas of Lingtian that were using the chameleon system, the latter group bared their vicious fangs as one and made a move on these rapidly advancing opponents who did not have their guard up at all.

Bang! The sounds of explosions resulting from beams projectiles making their mark on mechas rang through the silent forest, which instantly alerted everyone around the area. One Leiting mecha's cockpit was instantly hit—he was eliminated without the chance to even say a word.

Unfortunately, the map was too large; the movements and sounds that had occurred at this location were not known to the others in different locations. The members of Leiting could only see that they had lost one member once again on the corner of their mecha's screen, but they could not figure out how that teammate was defeated. Thus, the second member from Leiting followed in his teammate's footsteps and was also hit while he wasn't paying attention.