484

484 The Yin and Yang Sea!
Previous
Index
Book
Next
Ling Lan was waiting for her team members to gather up, not just blindly waiting. She took out a long-range beam rifle, aimed it at the ground below her and fired without specific purpose.

A beam of light flashed across the night sky, descending from the sky.

"Bang." A muffled sound followed. The beam that had hit the ground did not make a loud sound. That bright light of the beam had vanished instantly, without a trace, like it had been swallowed up by something.

"This feeling. There isn't any ground below us.." Ling Lan frowned. Her expression became grave and she asked Little Four, "Little Four, regarding that shot just now, did you find out anything from it?"

"The reaction of the beam seems to show that it is highly likely for there to be some sort of liquid down below." Since they were 200 to 300 meters above the ground, the pitch-black darkness was giving Little Four a lot of trouble in obtaining data using only the mecha's long range video recording gear.

"Boss, there's a mecha approaching." Just when Ling Lan wanted to take a closer look, however, Little Four suddenly warned her of something happening.

"Boss!" After reaching the distance where the team's commlink started to work, Ling Lan heard a familiar rooster-like scream; only, that voice was colder than the usual right now.

"It's Luo Lang!" Ling Lan smirked. She didn't think that the first to come find her was going to be Luo Lang. However, when she thought about Luo Lang's voice just now, she knew that he had kick-started his extremely calm personality. When Luo Lang used this personality, his mecha operating abilities shot up exponentially, directly advancing to the special-class operator level. This made it understandable as to how he had been able to find this place so quickly.

"Boss, I'm coming." Although Luo Lang was operating an advanced mecha, his speed had reached the fastest level that advanced mecha could achieve—there wasn't much of a difference compared to special-class mecha.

"Luo Lang, I'm going to go down and take a look at the situation. I'm leaving this place to you." Ling Lan flung these words at Luo Lang and then controlled her mecha to rapidly descend.

Upon hearing this, Luo Lang quickly took out a beam saber and a short range beam gun from his back. In this darkness, the beam sabers which gave off light were more suitable than cold weapons. Of course, this meant they were effective in close range combat, but beam sabers were not suitable at this time; although beam sabers could light up a 40 to 50 meters area around the wielder, it would also make them a target for a sneak attack. Having activated his calm and collected personality, Luo Lang wouldn't make such a low-level mistake.

Luo Lang's expression became very calm, being carefully guarded in all directions. Boss Lan's simple orders, in reality, meant that he had put his life in Luo Lang's hands; thus, even the Luo Lang who had activated his calm and collected personality still felt immense pressure.

Even so, however, he would not allow himself to fail the trust Boss had in him! In the cockpit, Luo Lang clenched his fist tightly.

Suddenly, he felt movement from the his right side coming from the thick darkness. He didn't even stop think and raised his beam gun and took a shot.

"Holy sh*t, murder!" Qi Long had just arrived, but before he could take a break, he felt a great catastrophe approaching. His finger speed definitely broke his own record at that moment, and it was because of this mystical reaction speed that he was able to dodge the shot that came out of nowhere.

It was only now that Qi Long discovered there had been mecha hidden in the darkness less than 100 meters from his location.

Hearing the loud voice that suddenly erupted in the team channel, Luo Lang knew he had made a huge mistake—he had shot at his teammate. He put away the gun and said coldly, "Oh, Qi Long, it's you."